Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation


Home Page

Main Menu

Quick Menu

Members' Area

What New?

About this site

Reunions

Help Needed?

Glossary

Bibliography

Sign Guest Book

View Guest Book

Link to Amazon

Online Store

Contact Me


Maintenance Units Nos 301 - 431


Prior to 1938 the RAF operated a number of support units tasked with the storage, servicing and repair of equipment but as the RAF expanded, the number needed increased and it was decided to adopt an standard nomenclature for these units, the term selected being 'Maintenance Unit' (MU).  Some existing units were redesignated whilst new ones would be formed in the forthcoming years.  Each MU was generally tasked with a specific role but a few were often responsible for a variety of tasks.

No 301 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 1 (India) MU on 18 March 1942 as a Combined UED and ARD at Drigh Road under the control of India Command.  It became a Universal Equipment Depot in December 1942 and was transferred to the RPAF on 30 October 1947.

No 302 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 2 (India) MU on 18 March 1942 as a storage and modification centre for Hudsons, Hurricanes and Wellingtons at Manauri (Allahbad) under the control of India Command.  It became a Universal Equipment Depot in December 1942 and on 6 August 1944 was redesignated No 301 MU (Equipment Depot).  It was transferred to the RIAF on 31 August 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
No 1 Detachment  - Panagarh 15 Jun 1946 - xxx xxxx

No 303 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 3 (India) MU on 18 March 1942 as an Aircraft Repair Depot under the control of India Command at Ambala, to initially handle Harts and Audaxes.  On 6 August 1944 it was redesignated No 302 MU (Equipment Depot) disbanding on 19 March 1945.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Dehra Run 19 Nov 1944 - 9 Feb 1945

No 304 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 4 (India) MU on 18 March 1942 as a Universal Equipment Depot at Kanchrapara under the control of India Command.  It disbanded on 15 January 1943.

It was reformed from Aircraft Erection Unit, India on 9 September 1943 as a Civilian Erection Unit at Tata, Santa Cruz.  It became the RAF Section of Tata Aircraft Erection Unit on 28 October 1943.

It was reformed, once again, on 12 April 1944 as a MT Storage Unit at Chittagong under the control of No 230 Group.  It disbanded into No 362 MU on 20 February 1945.

No 305 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 November 1941 as a Universal Equipment Depot at Sewri, Bombay under the control of No 226 Group.  On 6 August 1944 it was redesignated No 305 MU (Equipment Depot) was absorbed into No 2 Equipment Depot, RIAF on 1 August 1947.

No 306 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 October 1942 as a Universal Equipment Depot at Lahore under the control of India Command.  It relocated to Harbanspura on 1 September 1943.  On 6 August 1944 it was redesignated No 306 MU (Equipment Depot) then No 306 MU (Repair Depot) on 1 August 1946 before being redesignated No 2 Equipment Depot, RIAF on 18 April 1947.  It was transferred to the RIAF on 25 October 1947.

No 307 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 15 March 1942 as a Engine Repair Depot (becoming an Aircraft Repair Depot around December 1943) at Lahore under the control of India Command.  It was redesignated No 1 Aircraft Repair Depot, RIAF on 18 April 1947.

No 308 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 May 1942 as an Aircraft Storage Unit at Bamhrauli (Allahbad) under the control of India Command.  It disbanded on 30 November 1946.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Phaphamau by 10 Jan 1944 - xxx xxxx

No 309 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 20 March 1944 as a MT Storage Unit at Allahbad under the control of No 226 Group.  It had relocated to Palam, where it absorbed No 331 MU sub-site on by 19 November 1944 and was transferred to the RIAF on 15 November 1947.

No 312 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 November 1942 as a Universal Equipment Depot at Cochin (later renamed Ernakulam) under the control of No 226 Group.  On 6 August 1944 it was redesignated No 312 MU (Equipment Depot) and was transferred to the RIAF on 1 November 1947.

No 313 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 November 1942 as a Universal Equipment Depot at Kankinara under the control of No 226 Group.   On 6 August 1944 it was redesignated No 313 MU (Equipment Depot) and was transferred to the RIAF on 31 August 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
No 313 Sub-MU - Calcutta 12 Jun 1943 - xxx xxxx
Detachment  - Cossipore by 19 Dec 1944 - at least 19 May 1945

No 314 Maintenance Unit

This was formed as No 314 (X) MU on 1 October 1942 as an Ammunition Depot at Babugarh (Delhi) under the control of India Command.  It relocated to Gummidipundi (Madras) on 29 April 1945 and then Kuala Lumper on 14 November 1945, where it disbanded on being absorbed into No 389 MU on 1 December 1945.  It operated a number of sub-sites which later formed the basis for Nos 318, 321, 340, 341, 343, 344, 345, 346, and 347 MUs.

It was reformed from the Explosives Storage Section, No 389 MU on 1 February 1946 as a Explosives Storage Unit at Seletar under the control of Air Command Far East.  It disbanded into RAF Maintenance Base, Far East on 16 June 1948.

No 315 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 June 1943 as an Aircraft Storage Unit at Nagpur under the control of India Command.  It disbanded on 12 November 1945.

No 316 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 29 December 1943 as an Explosives Park (later Army Ammunition Depot and an Explosive Storage Depot) at Kasu Begu under the control of No 226 Group.  It relocated to Mingaladon in August 1945 and disbanded on 15 March 1944.

No 317 Maintenance Unit

This was formed in May 1943 as an Aircraft Servicing Unit at Karachi Airport under the control of India Command.  It relocated to Mauripur on 18 June 1943 and became Karachi Terminal Staging Post on 15 March 1944.

No 318 (X) Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Ammunition Depot at Jubbulpore under the control of India Command.  It disbanded on 12 November 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
'A' Site - Amla 15 Feb 1945 - xxx xxxx
'B' Site - Amla by Apr 1946 - xxx xxxx

No 319 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 27 July 1942 as an Aircraft Storage Unit at Peshawar under the control of India Command.  It relocated to Jodhpur in January 1943 and disbanded on 15 December 1945.

No 320 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from the ARD element of No 301 MU on 1 November 1942 as a Universal Equipment Depot (later Aircraft Repair) at Drigh Road under the control of No 226 Group.  It was transferred to the RPAF on 30 October 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - St Thomas Mount by 19 Nov 1944 - at least 19 May 1945
Detachment  - Santa Cruz by Apr 1946 - xxx xxxx

No 321 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 24 August 1942 as a Repair unit at Golden Rock, Trichinopoly under the control of No 226 Group.  It became Civil Repair Organisation Trchinopoly on 10 November 1942.

It was reformed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Advanced Ammunition Depot (later Explosive Storage Unit) at Mymensingh (Bengal) under the control of ACSEA.  It disbanded into No 345 MU on 31 January 1946.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Silchar xxx xxxx - Aug 1945

No 322 Maintenance Unit

The nucleus of this unit was formed on 21 May 1943 as a service manned Base Repair Depot at No 29 PTC, Drigh Road under the control of No 226 Group.  It moved to Cawnpore on 1 July 1943, with a detachment at Chakeri until 9 February 1945.  During 1946/47 it was used a dump for SEAC's Liberators and disbanded on 31 October 1947.

No 325 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 December 1942 as an Aircraft Assembly Unit for Vengeances and Hurricanes at Drigh Road under the control of No 226 Group.  It was intended for it to be locates Mauripur but its formation was cancelled on 15 February 1943.

It was reformed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Advanced Ammunition Depot at Jamalpur under the control of ACSEA.  It disbanded on 15 July 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
'B' Site - Durgapur xxx xxxx - 8 Sep 1945

No 326 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 1 Reserve Aircraft Pool (Bombers) on 4 May 1943 as a Reserve Aircraft Pool at Asansol under the control of India Command.  It relocated to Bishnapur on 30 November 1943, Agartala on 6 March 1945 and then Hmawbi in August 1945, disbanding on 15 November 1946.

No 327 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 2 Reserve Aircraft Pool (Fighters) on 4 May 1943 as a Reserve Aircraft Pool at Dum Dum under the control of India Command.  It relocated to Dhublia on 20 January 1944, Red Road on 29 February, Kanchrapara on 2 June,  Agartala on 25 February 1945 and then Zayatkwin in August.  It disbanded on 15 November 1945.

No 328 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 1 MT Servicing Unit on 4 June 1943 as a MT Servicing Unit at Jalahalli under the control of India Command.  It became a MT Maintenance Unit on 20 July 1945 and disbanded on 31 March 1947.

No 329 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 2 MT Servicing Unit on 4 June 1943 as a MT Servicing Unit at Calcutta under the control of No 230 Group.  It relocated to Tagore Palace in January 1945, Red Road on 1 February5 and then Bally on 15 December 1945.  Control was transferred to No 226 Group on 7 May 1945 and it disbanded on 31 October 1946.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Storage Detachment  - Charra 27 Jun 1945 - 31 Jul 1946

No 330 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 3 MT Servicing Unit on 4 June 1943 as a MT Servicing Unit at Sion, Bombay under the control of India Command.  It relocated to Poona in 1947 and was transferred to the RIAF on 15 August 1947.

No 331 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 4 MT Servicing Unit on 4 June 1943 as a MT Servicing Unit at Lahore under the control of India Command.  On 20 March 1944 its sub-unit at Palam was absorbed into No 309 MU.  It was absorbed into No 306 MU (ED) as its MU Storage Section on 26 August 1944.

No 332 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 5 MT Servicing Unit on 4 June 1943 as a MT Servicing Unit at Ratmalana under the control of India Command.  It disbanded into No 342 MU on 20 June 1945.

No 333 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 5 July 1943 as a MT Servicing Unit at Comilla under the control of No 226 Group.  It disbanded into No 364 MU on 20 February 1945.

No 335 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 24 July 1943 as a MT Repair Unit at Tollygunge under the control of AHQ India.  It disbanded into No 363 MU on 10 August 1944.

No 336 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 30 June 1943 from Advanced Aircraft Pool as a Reserve Aircraft Pool at Colombo under the control of No 222 Group.  It relocated to Ratmalana on 4 August 1943, Kajamalai on 6 April 1944 and then Trichinopoly on 19 December 1944.  It disbanded at Bally on 20 February 1945.

No 337 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from the nucleus of No 88 Air Stores Park on 15 May 1944 as a Universal Equipment Depot at Avadi under the control of No 226 Group.  It disbanded on 1 November 1947.

No 338 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 1 Explosives Park on 1 December 1943 as an Air Ammunition Park at Kurunegala.  It disbanded on 31 October 1950.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Ratmalana ?

No 340 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Advanced Ammunition Depot (later Explosive Storage Unit) at Manipur Road.  It relocated to Myingyan on 31 July 1945 and then Gummidipundi on 8 November 1945, where it disbanded on 20 February 1946.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Palel by 10 Jan 1944 - xxx xxxx
Detachment  - Myingyan ?
'B' Site - Monywa May 1945 - xxx xxxx
'C' Site - Indainggy May 1945 - xxx xxxx

No 341 (X) Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Ammunition Depot at Pulgaon.  It was transferred to RIAF on 12 November 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Bombay by 10 Feb 1944 - xxx xxxx
'B' Site - Trombay 20 Feb 1945 - xxx xxxx

No 342 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 November 1943 as a MT Servicing Unit at Dimapur under the control of No 226 Group.  It relocated to Palel on 5 December 1944 and disbanded into No 363 MU on 20 February 1945.

It was reformed from Nos 332 and 359 MUs on 20 June 1945 as a MT Repair Unit at Ratmalana under the control of No 222 Group.  It was redesignated No 20 MT Repair Unit on 1 October 1945.

No 343 (X) Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Advanced Ammunition Depot at Whitefield, disbanding on 3 July 1947.

It was reformed from No 343 (X) MU, 'C' Site on 3 July 1947 as a Explosives Storage Unit at Gummidipundi.  It disbanded on 10 November 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
'B' Site - Secunderabad ?
'C' Site - Gummidipandi xxx xxxx - 3 Jul 1947

No 344 (X) Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Advanced Ammunition Depot at Nowshera.  It relocated to Kasu Begu on 29 July 1945.  It was transferred to the RIAF on 20 November 1947. 

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Beleli xxx xxxx - Mar 1945
Detachment  - Karachi ?
'B' Detachment  - Quetta Apr 1945 - xxx xxxx
'A' Site - Kasu Begu 29 Jul 1945 - xxx xxxx
'B' Site - Nowshera 29 Jul 1945 - xxx xxxx
'C' Site - Quetta 29 Jul 1945 - xxx xxxx
'D' Site - Nowshera 29 Jul 1945 - xxx xxxx

No 345 (X) Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 November 1943 as the RAF Component of Army Advanced Ammunition Depot (later Explosive Storage Unit) at Chittagong.  It disbanded on 31 March 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Comilla by 10 Mar 1944 - xxx xxxx
'B' Site - Ramree by 19 Nov 1944 - xxx 1945
'C' Site - Ultakhali 15 Feb 1945 - xxx xxxx
'D' Site - Fatehpur 15 Feb 1945 - xxx xxxx
Detachment  - Ramree by 31 Jul 1945 - xxx xxxx
Detachment  - Akyab by 31 Jul 1945 - xxx xxxx
Detachment  - Cox's Bazaar by 31 Jul 1945 - xxx xxxx

No 346 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 May 1944 as a MT Storage Unit at Vizagapatam under the control of No 225 Group.  It moved to Arkonam on 12 June 1945 and disbanded on 15 May 1946.

No 351 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 6 December 1942 as a Group Depot at Hussein Dey under the control of No 242 Group.  Control was transferred to No 218 Group on 1 January 1944.  It disbanded into RAF North Africa on 30 June 1946.

No 352 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 5 June 1944 as an Aircraft Storage Unit at Phaphamau.  It was placed in C & M on 1 April 1946 and disbanded on 30 May 1946.

No 353 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 July 1944 as an Equipment Depot at Foggia under the control of No 216 Group.  It relocated to Bovino on 12 March 1945, where it disbanded into No 392 MU on 31 December 1945.

No 355 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 10 September 1944 as an Aircraft Storage Unit at Salawas under the control of No 226 Group with a detachment at Jodhpur.  It disbanded on 1 May 1947.

No 356 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 24 June 1944 as an Aircraft Storage Unit at Risalpur under the control of No 226 Group.  It disbanded on 1 December 1945.

No 357 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from Aircraft Storage Unit (DAF) on 11 July 1944 as an Aircraft Storage Unit at Sinello under the control of Desert Air Force.  It relocated to Lorgetto on 17 September 1944, Jesi on 2 October 1944 and then Treviso in April 1946, where it absorbed No 40 ASP.  It disbanded on 25 July 1947.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
Detachment  - Klagenfurt (ex No 113 MU) xxx xxxx - 28 Feb 1947
Detachment  - Udine (ex No 113 MU) xxx xxxx - 10 Mar 1947

No 358 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 10 September 1944 as a Reserve Aircraft Pool at Ratmalana.  It disbanded on 30 November 1945.

No 359 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 22 May 1944 as a MT Repair Depot at Colombo.  It disbanded into No 342 MU on 20 June 1945.

No 360 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 22 July 1944 as an Air Ammunition Park at No 22 PTC, Almaza.  It relocated to San Severo on 20 August 1944 and disbanded on 5 December 1945.

Sub-sites: -

Location Dates
No 1 Park ?

No 361 Maintenance Unit

This was formed in June 1944 as a Glider Storage and Erection Unit at Bihta under the control of No 230 Group.  It was placed in C & M on 10 November 1945 and disbanded on 30 April 1946.

No 362 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 12 August 1944 as a MT Repair Depot at Chittagong.  It was redesignated No 21 MTRU on 5 December 1945.

No 363 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 12 August 1944 as a MT Repair Depot at Tollygunge.  It relocated to Palel in October 1944, Meiktila (leaving a detachment at Palel) on 10 May 1945 and then Rangoon (detachments at Palel and Dimapur) on 26 May 1945.  It was redesignated No 22 MTRU on 1 October 1945.

No 364 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 12 August 1944 as a MT Repair Depot at Comilla.  It was redesignated No 23 MTRU on 1 October 1945.

No 374 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 25 August 1944 as a Flying Boat Servicing Unit at Korangi Creek.  It disbanded on 1 June 1946.

No 375 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 15 October 1944 as an Equipment unit at Cancello under the control of Mediterranean Allied Air Forces.  It relocated to Pagnini  (detachment at Scafati) on 13 November 1944 and then Udine in August 1946.  It was redesignated No 113 MU on 21 September 1946.

No 376 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from the Marine Craft Repair Unit, Colombo on 4 December 1944 as a Marine Craft Repair Unit at Colombo.  It was redesignated Marine Craft Repair Unit (ACFE) on 15 June 1946.

No 377 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from the Marine Craft Repair Unit, Bally on 4 December 1944 as a Marine Craft Repair Unit at Bally under the control of ACSEA and disbanded on 12 November 1944.

It was reformed in August 1945 as a Marine Craft Repair Unit at Rangoon.  It embarked for Singapore on 18 January 1946, where it disbanded into No 389 MU, Seletar on 15 June 1946.

No 378 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 2 Echelon, No 113 MU on 3 April 1945 to service MT, signals specialist vehicles, signals equipment signals fittings at Castellemare under the control of No 214 Group.  Its tasking was taken over by No 159 MU and it disbanded on 15 April 1946.

No 379 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 July 1945 as a MT Maintenance Unit at No 4 Base Reception Depot, Worli.  It was redesignated No 24 MTRU on 1 October 1945.

No 380 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 16 May 1945 as a X' MU for the storage and disposal of equipment, including aircraft and MT, from other disbanding or redeployed units at Udine in No 214 Group.  It disbanded into No 392 MU on 12 February 1946.

No 381 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 9 July 1945 as an Aircraft Maintenance and Storage unit at Strubby with a detachment at Birch under the control of Tiger Force.  It disbanded on 15 September 1945.

No 382 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 9 July 1945 as a general repairs unit at Strubby under the control of Tiger Force.  It relocated to Syerston with a detachment at Birch on 25 July 1945.  It disbanded on 15 September 1945.

No 383 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 9 July 1945 as an Equipment Storage unit at Strubby under the control of Tiger Force.  It relocated to Skellingthorpe with a detachment at Birch on 9 August 1945.  It disbanded on 15 September 1945.

No 384 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 9 July 1945 as a Explosives Depot at Strubby with a detachment at Birch under the control of Tiger Force.  It disbanded on 15 September 1945.

No 385 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 21 July 1945 for the storage of Airborne Forces Equipment at Panagarh under the control of No 226 Group.  It was redesignated No 1 Detachment, No 302 MU on 15 June 1946.

No 386 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 178 MU on 15 September 1945 as an Equipment Holding Unit at Takoradi under the control of AHQ West Africa.  It disbanded on 1 August 1946.

No 389 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 November 1945 as an Equipment Depot (later Aircraft Storage Unit) at Seletar under the control of Air Command Far East.  It was amalgamated with No 390 MU to form RAF Maintenance Base (Far East) on 16 June 1948.

It was reformed from Technical and Equipment Wings, RAF Seletar on 1 June 1951 at Seletar under the control of Far East Air Force.  It disbanded into RAF Maintenance Base (Far East) on 1 May 1953.

It was reformed, once again, from RAF Maintenance Base (Far East) on 1 December 1960 at Seletar under the control of Far East Air Force.  It was amalgamated with No 390 MU to form No 389/390 MU by 1966 and disbanded on 31 March 1969.

Commanding Officers: -

28 Mar 1961                Wg Cdr J McD Jannaway

 3 Oct 1963                 Wg Cdr A M M Hill

No 390 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 November 1945 as a Case Repair Depot (later MT Repair Depot) at Seletar under the control of Air Command Far East.  It was amalgamated with No 389 MU to form RAF Maintenance Base (Far East) on 16 June 1948..

It was reformed from Technical and Equipment Wings, RAF Seletar on 15 May 1951 at Seletar under the control of Far East Air Force.  It was amalgamated with No 389 MU to form RAF Maintenance Base (Far East) on 1 May 1953.

It was reformed, once again, from RAF Maintenance Base (Far East) on 1 December 1960 at Seletar under the control of Far East Air Force.  It was amalgamated with No 389 MU to form No 389/390 MU by 1966 and disbanded on 31 March 1969.

Commanding Officers: -

 3 Apr 1967                 Wg Cdr A W Pawson

No 392 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from Nos 353, 357, 380 MUs and No 8 ARD (SAAF) on 31 December 1945 at Brindisi under the control of No 214 Group.  It disbanded on 15 June 1946.

No 394 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 September 1947 as an Aircraft Repair and Storage Depot at Heany under the control of Rhodesian Air Training Group.  It disbanded on 31 March 1954.

No 395 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 1 September 1947 at Khami Road, Bulawayo under the control of Rhodesian Air Training Group.  It disbanded on 31 March 1954.

No 396 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 11 September 1947 as a Explosives Storage Unit at Mombasa under the control of AHQ East Africa.  It disbanded at Kaya Punga and Mombasa on 1 September 1950.

No 397 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from the Equipment Holding section of No 137 MU on 1 October 1947 as an Equipment Holding Unit at Safi.  It operated a detachment at Fort St Lucien and disbanded on 1 July 1955.

No 398 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 424 Base Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Depot on 1 June 1948 as a Base Repair Depot at Hesedorf under the control of No 85 Wing.  Control was transferred to 2nd TAF on 1 July 1950 and it relocated to Duren on 1 January 1954, where it disbanded on 31 January 1964.

No 399 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from No 422 Base Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Depot on 1 June 1948 at Scheuen under the control of No 85 Wing.  It was placed in C & M on 31 May 1959 and disbanded on 30 June 1949.

No 420 Maintenance Unit

This was formed on 31 December 1961 at Laarbruch under the control of RAF Germany.  It disbanded into No 431 MU on 1 January 1967.

No 431 Maintenance Unit

This was formed from General Equipment Park (originally formed on 15 April 1943) on 1 October 1960 at Bruggen under the control of RAF Germany.  On 1 January 1967 it absorbed the Forward Repair Unit and a detached flight was formed at Laarbruch on 1 September 1985.  It disbanded on 31 March 1993.

Commanding Officers: -

22 Jul 1963                  Wg Cdr J T Prentice

xx xxx 1965:                Wg Cdr P R Wilkinson

xx xxx 1968                 Wg Cdr J G Webb

21 Jun 1971                 Wg Cdt E J Booker

This page was last updated on 26/05/17 using FrontPage 2003

         [Top of Page]