Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation


Home Page

Main Menu

Quick Menu

Members' Area

What New?

About this site

Reunions

Help Needed?

Glossary

Bibliography

Sign Guest Book

View Guest Book

Link to Amazon

Online Store

Contact Me


Miscellaneous Signals Units


This section covers a wide range of units involved in various aspects of signals and communications work.  Those units falling into this category are listed below with limited details at present but further details will be added in due course.

No 7 Army Air Support Control

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 8 Army Air Support Control

This unit was formed in the UK in June 1943.  It remained based in the UK and disbanded in September 1943.

No 9 Army Air Support Control

This unit was formed in the UK in March 1942.  It was initially based in the UK before moving to North Africa then to Italy and disbanded in March 1945.

No 21 Army Air Support Control

This unit was formed in India in October 1943 It was based In India and disbanded in June 1944.

No 25 Army Air Support Control

This unit was formed in India in March 1943.  It was based in India and disbanded in February 1945.

No 28 Army Air Support Control

This unit was formed in India in June 1944.  It was based in India and disbanded in July 1944.

No 1 Air Field Signals Section

This unit was formed at Chigwell in September 1944.  It later moved to Llandow and disbanded in November 1944.

No 2 Air Field Signals Section/Signals Unit Staging Post

This unit was formed at an unknown location and was later redesignated No 2 Signals Unit Staging Post.

No 3 Air Field Signals Section/Signals Unit Staging Post

This unit was formed at Chigwell in September 1944.  It moved to Llandow later that month and became No 3 Signals Unit Staging Post in October.  It moved to Cowbridge the same month and then moved to Llandow in November, where it disbanded in April 1945.

No 4 Air Field Signals Section/Signals Unit Staging Post

This unit was formed at Chigwell in September 1944.  It moved to Down Ampney as 4 Signals Unit Staging Post in September 1944 then to Bibury in October, and finally to Melton Mowbray, where it disbanded in November 1944.

No 6 Air Field Signals Section/Signals Unit Staging Post

This unit was formed at Chigwell in September 1944.  It moved to Purton as No 6 Signals Unit Staging Post later that same month then moved to Melton Mowbray in November, where it disbanded in February 1945.

No 1 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 2 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in July 1942.  It was based in Italy and disbanded in December 1943.

No 3 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 4 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1943 and disbanded in January 1944.

No 5 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in October 1943.  under the control of AHQ Desert Air Force and disbanded in March 1944.

No 6 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in November 1943.  It was based in Egypt then Syria and disbanded in April 1944.

No 7 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in March 1943.  It was based in the UK and disbanded in August 1943.

No 8 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in April 1943.  It was based in the UK and disbanded in November 1943.

No 9 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 10 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 11 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 12 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 13 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed in the UK in No 83 Group but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However it moved to Normandy at some point, but no further details have so far been found.

No 13 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in No 83 Group, but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 14 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in July 1943.  It was based in the UK and disbanded in March 1944.

No 14 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in No 83 Group, but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 15 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in No 83 Group, but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 16 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1943.  It was based in the UK and disbanded in August 1944.

No 16 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in No 83 Group,

but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 17 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section                                 

This unit was formed at an unknown location in No 83 Group, but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 36 Advanced Landing Ground Signal Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in October 1943 and disbanded in October 1943.

No 4 Air Support Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1943.  It was based in the Middle East and became RAF Signals Section 21 Air Support Column in March 1943.

No 23 Air Support Column

This unit was formed at an unknown location in December 1942 and disbanded in December 1944.

No 5 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in August 1944.  It was based in the UK before moving to Denmark and disbanded in September 1945.

No 6 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at Chigwell in January 1944.  It was based at various UK stations including Melton Mowbray and Ibsley, before moving Normandy and then Norway, where it disbanded in October 1945.

No 7 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at Chigwell in January 1944.  Under the control of No 46 Group it moved to various locations in the UK including Melton Mowbray, before later moving to Fornebu in Norway, where it and disbanded in September 1945.

No 8 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at Chigwell in March 1944.  Under the control of No 46 Group it was based at various locations in the UK including Down Ampney. Also designated as 9 Air Transportable Signals Unit, it later moved to Lyons, France and then to Bardufoss in Norway, where it and disbanded in September 1945.

No 13 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at Chigwell in September 1944.  Under the control of No 46 Group it moved to various locations in the UK including Melton Mowbray and disbanded in February 1945.

No 14 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at Chigwell in September 1944.  It was based at other UK stations before moving to Rennes, France and then returned to Boreham, where it and disbanded in September 1945.

No 15 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1944.  It was based at various UK locations including Newport and Melton Mowbray and disbanded in February 1945.

No 16 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1944.  Under the control of No 46 Group it was based at various locations including Overbury, Worcestershire, Melton Mowbray, Guernsey and finally Wormingford, where it disbanded in March 1946.

No 17 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1944.  Under the control of No 46 Group it moved to various locations including Eastnor, Melton Mowbray and Ibsley before crossing over to Bordeaux in France, but returned to the UK, where it disbanded in January 1946.

No 18 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1944.  It was based at Rye as well as other UK locations and disbanded in November 1944.

No 19 Air Transportable Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1944.  It was based in the UK with No 46 Group then moved to Toulouse (France) in December 1944 and disbanded in January 1945.

Autogiro Unit

This was formed around November 1939 at Hendon as a civilian manned unit to conduct radar calibration duties.  It moved to Martlesham Heath, joining No 60 Group, on 20 May 1940 and then to Duxford  on 12 July 1940 where it was absorbed into No 5 Radio Maintenance Unit.

No 1 Base Signals Repair Unit

This unit was formed (possibly as the Base Signals Unit, Chigwell) at an unknown location in prior to June 1944 with the intention that it would proceed to the continent as soon as the beachhead area was large enough to take it.  However, the advances across France were faster then expected an it was November before it was ready to be dispatched.  By now the front line had moved into Belgium and it was decided to send it direct to Ostend aboard a Landing Ship, Tank (LST).  However, in heavy seas and in sight of Ostend the LST struck a mine and sank.  Of the 14 officers, 224 other ranks (ORs) and 50 vehicles, only 5 officers and 26 ORs were rescued.  Work began to reform the unit on the continent, instead of in the UK, but it was early 1945 before this was completed.  Further details have so far not been found.

No 6 Base Signals Repair Unit, BAFO

This unit was formed at an unknown location in July 1946 and disbanded in November 1946.

Base Signals Unit, Chigwell

This unit had been formed by July 1943 at Chigwell, at which time it was staffed by 25 officers and 290 other ranks.  It was intended to provide the base organisation for the installation and servicing of ground signals and radar equipment in the field.  Whilst based in the UK it was located at RAF Chigwell and assisted RAF Chigwell to train signals personnel.  It was possibly redesignated No 1 Base Signals Repair by June 1944.

Bengal Calibration Flight

This was formed from No 224 Group Calibration Flight on 15 March 1943 under the control of  at Amarda Road, moving to Salbani on 4 July then to Alipore on 18 August and disbanded into No 1583 Flight on 25 August 1943.

Blind/Beam Approach Calibration Flight

This was formed as the Blind Approach Calibration Flight on 12 July 1941 under the control of No 50 Group at Watchfield, being redesignated the Beam Approach Calibration Flight in October.  It moved to Bicester, joining No 26 Group, on 3 July 1942 and was redesignated No 1551 Beam Approach Calibration Flight on 20 November 1942.

Calibration Flight

This was formed on/by 30 June 1941 at Seletar and is presumed to have been lost during the Japanese invasion.

No 1 Calibration Flight

This was formed from the calibration flights of Nos 73, 77 and 79 Wings on 6 November 1942 at Speke but its fate is unknown.

Central Signals Area

This unit was formed at Leighton Buzzard in January 1945 from the Central Signals Centre.  It controlled units at Leighton Buzzard, Stanbridge, Bletchley, Gloucester, Stoke Hammond and Chicksands and disbanded in December 1949.

Central Signals Centre

This unit was formed at an unknown location on an unknown date and disbanded in January 1945.

Central Signals Establishment

This unit was formed at Watton on 1 September 1946 by redesignating the Radio Warfare Establishment.  It operated a wide variety of aircraft during its life and underwent a number of reorganisations.  The unit was composed of a number of squadrons, including Nos 192, 116, 527, 115, 51 and 245.  It used Shepherds Grove and Tangmere as satellites at various times as well as operating from Watton.  It disbanded on 16 July 1965.

No 1 Chain Home Low Flight

This was possibly formed in 1941 at Watchfield but its fate is unknown.

RAF Chigwell

This had originally been the location for No 4 Balloon Centre but when this closed in 1942 it was taken over by No 26 Group as a location for the formation and training of signals units.  It also acted as a Personnel Despatch Centre for all signals and radar personnel training by both Nos 26 and 60 Groups destined for overseas units.  By July 1943 it was staffed by 33 officers and 2,313 other ranks and it was capable of accommodating 2,00 trainees with a further 600 being trained at White Waltham and 500 at Putteridge Bury.  Whilst located in the UK the station was also home to the Base Signals Unit, which assisted in the training task until it was moved into the field.

Defiant Flight

This was formed from  on 28 May 1942 under the control of No 11 Group at Northolt, to operate ' Moonshine' RCM equipment and was redesignated No 515 Squadron on 1 October 1942.

Electronic Warfare and Avionic Unit

This was formed on 1 June 1976 by redesignating the Electronic Warfare Engineering and Training Unit at Wyton.  At the same time it took over the Radio Modification Squadron from No 60 MU, which was in the process of disbanding.  On 1 July 1993 it was transferred to the RAF Signals Engineering Establishment and redesignated the Electronic Warfare Division.

Electronic Warfare Division/Detachment

This was formed on 1 July 1993 as the Electronic Warfare Division by redesignating the Electronic Warfare and Avionic Unit at Wyton when the latter was absorbed into the RAF Signals Engineering Establishment.  It was later renamed Electronic Warfare Detachment and moved to Waddington.

Electronic Warfare Operational Support Establishment                      

This unit was formed at Benson on 1 November 1981 as a tri-service unit under the control of Strike Command.  On 1 April 1982 it absorbed the Strike Command Electronic Development Team and on 31 December that year a Forward HQ was sent to Wyton.  The unit moved to Wyton on 1 September 1983 and moved to Waddington where it was absorbed into the Air Warfare Centre on 1 October 1995.

Electronic Warfare Operational Support Establishment

This was formed 1 November 1981 at Benson, moving to Wyton on 1 September 1983 and then to Waddington, where it and absorbed into the Air Warfare Centre on 1 October 1995.

Electronic Warfare Support Unit

This was formed from the Electronic Warfare Support Wing on 1 April 1969 under the control of No 90 Group at Watton and disbanded into the Electronic Warfare Engineering and Training Unit on 1 January 1971.

Electronic Warfare Support Wing

This was formed from elements of the Installation Squadron, CSE on 1 July 1965 at Watton and was redesignated Electronic Warfare Support Unit on 1 April 1969.

No 2 Field Communication Squadron

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 3 Field Communication Squadron

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 4 Field Communication Squadron

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 1 Field Force HQ Signals Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in June 1943.  It arrived in Sicily in July 1943 and disbanded in October 1943.

No 1 Field Force HQ Signals Section (Middle East)

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 2 Field Force HQ Signals Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in February 1943.  It was based in the UK until April 1943 then moved to Sicily and mainland Italy, where it disbanded in January 1944.

No 2 Field Force HQ Signals Section (Middle East)

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 3 Field Force HQ Signals Section (Middle East)

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 4 Field Force HQ Signals Section (Middle East)

This unit was formed in Egypt in May 1943.  It moved to Sicily in July and disbanded in October 1943.

No 4 Field Force HQ Signals Section (Middle East)

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 5 Field Force HQ Signals Section (Middle East)

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 7 Field Force HQ Signals Section (Middle East)

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 8 Field Force HQ Signals Section

This unit was formed at an unknown location in July 1943.  It was based in the UK and disbanded in February 1944.

No 1 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed from No 1 Field Unit at Salon, France in September 1944.   It later moved to Turin, Italy and disbanded in October 1944.

No 2 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at Recanati, Italy in August 1945 from No 2 Field Unit.  It moved to Port Fouad, Egypt in November then to Habbaniya, Iraq in June 1946, where it and disbanded in June 1946.

No 3 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed from No 3 Field Unit at Castellana in September 1944.  It moved to Cattolica April 1945 then to Strassoldo in May, where it disbanded.

No 4 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed from No 4 Field Unit at Bitonto in September 1944.  It moved to Recanati January 1945 and disbanded in August 1945.

No 5 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 6 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 7 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 8 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 9 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed from No 9 Field Unit at an unknown location in September 1944.  It moved to Bellaria in November, then to Moruzzo May 1945 and disbanded in September 1945.

No 10 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed from No 10 Field Unit at Monte Senario, Italy in September 1944.  It moved to Conversano in May 1945 and disbanded in August 1945.

No 11 Field Signals Unit                                                                            

This unit was formed from No 11 Field Unit  at an unknown location in September 1944 and disbanded in December 1944.

No 12 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed from No 12 Field Unit at St Tropez, France;  in September 1944.  It moved to Italy October 1944, Athens, Greece in November, back to Italy in January 1945, Ronofreddo in March, Bertinoro, also in March and finally to Conversano in May, where it disbanded in August 1945.

No 13 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found

No 14 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1944 and disbanded in July 1946.

No 15 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at Agami (Egypt) in September 1944 by redesignating No 15 Field Unit.  It moved to Gioia, Italy in November 1944, then to Pesaro in January 1945,  Conversano in July, Habbaniya, Iraq in January-February 1946  and disbanded in June 1946.

No 16 Field Signals Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 1 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in October 1943.  It was based in Corsica with 276 Wing, then moved to southern France in September 1944 and became No 1 Field Signals Unit in September 1944.

No 2 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in December 1943 as part of No 276 Wing and was at Conversano by June 1944, where it became No 2 Field Signals Unit in September 1944.

No 3 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in December 1943 as part of No 276 Wing,  It moved to Italy in December 1943, where it became No 3 Field Signals Unit in September 1944.

No 4 Field Unit

This unit was formed in Malta in December 1943 as part of No 276 Wing before moving to Italy, where it became No 4 Field Signals Unit in September 1944.

No 5 Field Unit

This unit was formed in Malta in December 1943.  It was based in Malta then Italy and disbanded in March 1944.

No 6 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 8 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 10 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in ? and was redesignated No 10 Field Signals Unit in September 1944.

No 11 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in January 1944.  It was part of No 276 Wing at Montenero and was redesignated No 11 Field Signals Unit in September 1944.

No 12 Field Unit

This unit was formed at St Tropez, France in April 1944.  It was part of No 276 Wing in Corsica and disbanded in September 1944.

No 14 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in January 1944.  It was part of No 276 Wing and disbanded in September 1944.

No 15 Field Unit

This unit was formed at Agami (Egypt) and became 15 Field Signals Unit, in September 1944.

No 18 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in November 1943.  It was based in Egypt until March 1944 then moved to Monte Senario, Italy as part of 276 Wing and disbanded in September 1944.

No 21 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in July 1943 as part of No 329 Wing, based in Tunisia and disbanded in September 1944.

No 22 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 23 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 24 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 25 Field Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

Ground Controlled Approach Flight

This was formed as part of the Signals Development Unit on an unknown date under the control of No 26 Group at Hinton-in-the-Hedges and was absorbed into the Signals Flying Unit, along with the SDU on 29 July 1944.

Ground Controlled Approach Squadron

This was formed from the GCA Flight on 30 July 1944 at Honiley, moving to Stratford-upon-Avon on 1 March 1945, where it disbanded in 1946.

It reformed at Watton under the control of No 90 Group in September 1946.  It had been transferred to No 3 Group by 1952 and moved to Wyton on 10 March that year, disbanding into the Central Navigation and Control School on 14 March 1953.

No 222 Group Calibration Flight

This was formed on 29 September 1942 at Ratmalana as No 2 Calibration Flight and was redesignated No 1579 Calibration Flight on in July 1943.

No 224 Group Calibration Flight

This was formed on 29 September 1942 at Dum Dum as No 1 Calibration Flight and was redesignated Bengal Calibration Flight at Amarda Road on 15 March 1943.

No 225 Group Calibration Flight (1)

This was formed on 29 September 1942 at Juhu as No 3 Calibration Flight and disbanded on 14 March 1943.

No 225 Group Calibration Flight (2)

This was formed on 29 September 1942 at Jakkur as No 4 Calibration Flight and was redesignated No 1580 Calibration Flight on 13 September 1943.

No 60 Group Radar Navigation Aids Test Flight

This was formed in February 1945 at Wing, attached to No 26 OTU to conduct tests on Gee Chains and similar equipment and disbanded on 31 October 1945.

No 38 Group Support Unit

This was formed as the No 38 Group Support Unit on 26 June 1962 at Odiham and at some point was redesignated No 38 Group Support Wing.  It moved to Tangmere on 1 December 1964 and than to Benson on 14 December 1970, being redesignated No 38 Group Tactical Communications Wing at the same time.

No 2 Installation Unit

This unit was formed at Kidbrooke in July 1940.  Under the control of No 60 Group it was based at Kidbrooke and West Drayton, where it disbanded in November 1946.

Instrument Design Establishment

This was formed by redesignating the W/T Establishment at Biggin Hill on 1 November 1919 but its work was taken over by the RAE at Farnborough and it closed on 1 April 1922

Inter Service Cypher Production Centre

This was formed under the control of RAF Middle East between December 1941 and June 1942 at Tura, moving to Jerusalem by January 1943, to Kafr El Farouk in April/May and disbanded post January 1945.

Mediterranean Allied Coastal Air Forces Calibration Flight

This was due to form on 1 June 1945 from MACAF Communication Flight at Pomigliano but formation was cancelled.

No 101 Mobile Air Reporting Unit

This was formed on 9 November 1942 at Croydon, as the Mobile Air Reporting Unit.  It moved to West Malling on2 February 1943, being redesignated No 1 MARU on 12 February, moving again, to Bramdean Common on 26 February.  By 12 March it was at Cow Common, moving to Putteridgee Bury on 15 March, Tilford Common on 20 April and then to Titsey on 29 April.  On 28 June it embarked on HMT Franconia arriving at Agusta on 19 July moving to Mellili on 28 July.  It was transferred from MEC to MWACAF on 1 October then to AHQ Malta on 1 November and disbanded on 30 November 1943.

No 102 Mobile Air Reporting Unit

This was formed by March 1944 under the control of No 83 Group at an unknown location and disbanded on 28 May 1944.

No 103 Mobile Air Reporting Unit

This was formed on 20 September 1943 under the control of No 84 Group at Chigwell, moving to Flamborough Head on 23 September.  Further moves followed to Laxton on 10 October, Malton Wood on 13 October, Harlaston on 17 October, Ampthill on 20 November, Goodwood on 27 October and finally to Hornchurch on 14 November, where it disbanded on 28 May 1944.

No 103 Mobile Air Reporting Unit

It reformed on 23 September 1944 at Chiseldon but its fate is unknown.

No 104 Mobile Air Reporting Unit

This was formed on an unknown date under the control of ACSEA at an unknown location and disbanded on 1 March 1945.

No 105 Mobile Air Reporting Unit

This was formed on 13 September 1944 under the control of No 85 Group at Odiham, moving to Old Sarum on 21 September, then to the continent arriving in Dieppe on 23 September.  Operational control was invested in ADGB, through No 11 Group, and it comprised three Army GL sets, 2 AMES Type 9 Mk II sets, a detachment from No 80 (RCM) Wing and No 365 Wireless Unit and was tasked with tracking V-2s.  On 24 September it was at Lille-Vendeville, then to 38 Luisa Straat, Malines on 25 September.  The first of the Type 9 sets became operational in south-west Holland on 9 October, where it disbanded on 7 December 1944, with its role being taken over by the newly formed No 33 Wing in No 85 Group30.

No 301 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in November 1942.  It was based in Algeria and disbanded in May 1943.

No 302 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in August 1942.  It was based in Algeria and Tunisia and disbanded in December 1943.

No 303 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in August 1942.  It was based in North Africa, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily and mainland Italy, where it disbanded in May 1945.

No 304 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in January 1943.  It was based in Algeria (Philippeville), Italy (Frattomaggiore) and southern France and disbanded in October 1944.

No 306 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at White Waltham in February 1943.  It moved to Sicily and later to mainland Italy, including Riccione and Passariano and disbanded in November 1946.

No 307 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in May 1943.  It was based at West Malling and other locations as part of 83 Group, before moving to France in June 1944.  Further moves took it to Belgium, the Netherlands, including Eindhoven before moving to Timmendorfer Strand, Germany, where it and disbanded in August 1945.

No 310 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found and disbanded in April 1944.

No 312 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in August 1945.  It was based in India and Burma and disbanded in November 1945.

No 314 Mobile Signals Servicing Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in November 1945.  It was based at Kuala Lumpur in Malaya and disbanded in December 1945.

No 1 Observer Screen Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in August 1940.  It was based in Egypt and disbanded in September 1940.

No 1 Regional Control Station

This unit was formed at an unknown location in December 1941.  It was under the control of AHQ Western Desert and disbanded in December 1943.

No 2 Regional Control Station

This unit was formed at an unknown location in December 1941.  It was under the control of No 205 Group and disbanded in March 1942.

Radar Research Flying Unit

This unit was formed at Defford on 1 November 1955 from the TFU to provide aircraft to undertake trials on behalf of the Royal Radar Establishment and was redesignated the RAF Pershore on 2 September 1971.

Radio Engineering Unit

This unit was formed at Henlow on 1 January 1950 from the Signals Development Unit, remaining there until at least September 1966.  On 14 September 1981, it was combined with RAF Support Command HQ (Benson) to form the RAF Signals Engineering Establishment and the RAF Support Signals Staff.

 (No  1) Radio Fitting Unit

This was formed around June 1940 at Hendon in order to fit Marconi wireless equipment into Whitleys and Wellingtons operating until about March 1941

Radio Introduction Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not   yet been found.

No 1 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Wick on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to Olrig House, Castletown on 3 August and was redesignated No 1 Radio Servicing Section on 21 September 1940.

No 2 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Dyce on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to Bucksburn House, Bucksburn on 30 August and was redesignated No 2 Radio Servicing Section on 21 September 1940.

No 3 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Hallington Hall, Newcastle-upon-Tyne on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 3 Radio Servicing Section on 21 September 1940.

No 4 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Church Fenton on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to "The Towers" Barkston Ash on 19 August and was redesignated No 4 Radio Servicing Section on 21 September 1940.

No 5 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Leighton House, Trumpington, Cambridge on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 5 Radio Servicing Section on 21 September 1940.

No 6 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Biggin Hill on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to "Heathfield", Keston, Kent on 31 August and was redesignated No 6 Radio Servicing Section on 14 October 1940.

No 7 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Filton on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to "Hill End", Henbury, near Bristol on 16 August and was redesignated No 7 Radio Servicing Section on 20 October 1940.

No 8 Radio Maintenance Unit

This unit was formed at Speke on 1 July 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to No 48 Ullet Road, Sefton Park, Liverpool on 31 August and was redesignated No 8 Radio Servicing Section on 21 September 1940.

Radio Reconnaissance Flight

This was possibly an alternative name given to No 109 Squadron when it was created from the Wireless Intelligence Unit on 10 December 1940.

No 1 Radio Servicing Section   This unit was formed by redesignating No 1 RMU at Olrig House, Castletown on 21 September 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to Bunchrew House, Bunchrew, near Inverness on 1 November and was redesignated No 70 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

No 2 Radio Servicing Section

This unit was formed by redesignating No 2 RMU at Bucksburn House, Bucksburn on 21 September 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 71 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

No 3 Radio Servicing Section

This unit was formed by redesignating No 3 RMU at Usworth on 21 September 1940, under the control of No 60 Group.  It moved to Hallington Hall, Newcastle-upon-Tyne on 13 October and was redesignated No 72 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

No 4 Radio Servicing Section

This unit was formed by redesignating No 4 RMU at The Towers Barkston Ash on 21 September 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 73 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

No 5 Radio Servicing Section

This unit was formed by redesignating No 5 RMU at Duxford on 21 September 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 74 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

No 6 Radio Servicing Section   This unit was formed by redesignating No 6 RMU at "Heathfield", Keston, Ken on 14 October 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 75 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

No 7 Radio Servicing Section

This unit was formed by redesignating No71 RMU at "Hill End" Henbury, near Bristo on 20 October 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 76 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

No 8 Radio Servicing Section

This unit was formed by redesignating No 8 RMU at No 48 Ullet Road, Sefton Park, Liverpool on 21 September 1940, under the control of No 60 Group and was redesignated No 77 (Signals) Wing on 17 February 1941.

Radio Warfare Establishment

This was formed from the Bomber Support Development Unit at Swanton Morley within No 100 Group on 21 July 1945.  On 27 September it moved to Watton, with the Flying Wing being based at Shepherds Grove.  It was transferred to No 60 Group on 20 October but was redesignated Central Signals Establishment on 1 September 1946.

Signal Co-operation Flight

This was formed at Biggin Hill on 1 April 1921, moving to Kenley on 15 December 1922, where it was redesignated No 13 Squadron on 1 April 1924.

Signals Air Radio Laboratories

This was formed at Watton from the Signals Command Air Radio Laboratories on 1 January 1969 and remained until 1 January 1971 when it moved to Wyton and amalgamated with the Electronic Warfare Support Unit

Signals Command Air Radio Laboratories

This was formed at Watton from the Research Wing and the civilian element of the Installation Squadron of the CSE on 1 July 1965. It was redesignated Signals Air Radio Laboratories on 1 January 1969.

Signals Communications Flight

This was formed from No 1478 Flight at Maison Blanche on 22 July 1943 but its fate is unknown. 

Signals Communications Flight

It had reformed by 16 October 1944 at Hartfordbridge but disbanded on 23  October.

No 1 Signals Communication Unit

This had been formed at Stradishall by December 1941, remaining there until at Least January 1942, after which its fate is unknown.

Signals Development Unit

This unit was formed from the BADU (Watchfield) at Hinton-in-the-Hedge on 15 April 1943.  Initially under the control of No 92 Group, it was transferred to No 26 Group on 16 April and disbanded on 29 July 1944.

It was reformed at West Drayton in October 1946.  It moved to Henlow in September 1947 where it was and redesignated the Radio Engineering Unit in 1 January 1950.

No 3 (RAF) Section, Signals Experimental Group

RAF Signals Engineering Establishment

This was formed from an element the Support Command Signals HQ on 14 September 1981 at Henlow and was redesignated the Directorate of Engineering and Interoperability on in 2000.

This unit was formed at an unknown location and was based at Abassia, but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

Signals Flying Unit

This unit was formed at Honiley on 20 July 1944 under the control of No 26 Group.  Composed of a Signals Development Squadron, a GCA Squadron and a Servicing Squadron, it and was absorbed into the Radio Warfare Establishment at Watton on 1 December 1946.

Signals Holding Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in November 1945.  It was based at Madambakkam, near Madras in India and disbanded in February 1946.

Signals Liaison Party

This unit was formed as RAF Signals Liaison Party at Panitola in December 1942.  It moved to Dinjan in January 1943 and disbanded in July 1943.

Signals Squadron

This was formed from a detachment of No 109 Squadron on 4 January 1942 under the control of  at Kabrit and was redesignated No 162 Squadron on 1 March 1942.

Special Installation Unit

This was formed at Defford on 13 October 1942 tasked with fitting radar equipment to Lancasters and operated to at least September 1946 after which its fate is unknown.

Special Signals Communication Flight

This was formed at Hartfordbridge with six Mitchells on 21 July 1944 but was cancelled 24 October.

Special Signals Flight

This was formed at Shallufa on 1 July 1941, existing until at least 26 December, after which its fate is unknown.

Special Signals School

This was formed in No 26 Group at Yatesbury on 18 January 1940, being redesignated No 2 Radio School on 1 March 1941.

Support Command Flight Checking Unit

This was formed on 1 March 1976 under the control of No 1 Group at Brize Norton, moving to Benson on 4 January 1983 and was redesignated No 115 Squadron on 5 January 1987.

Support Command Signals Staff

This was formed from an element the Support Command Signals HQ on 14 September 1981 at Henlow, moving to Brampton in 1994 and disbanded along with Support Command on 1 April 1994.

Support Command Signals HQ

This was formed from No 90 (Signals) Group on 31 August 1973 at Medmenham and disbanded on 14 September 1981 being split into the RAF Signals Engineering Establishment and Support Command Signals Staff.

No 38 Group Tactical Communications Wing                                        

This unit was formed by redesignating No 38 Group Tactical Support Unit at Benson on 14 December 1970, moving to Brize Norton on 1 December 1976, where it was retitled as simply Tactical Communications Wing on  16 December 1980.

Tactical Communications Wing                                                               

This unit was formed by redesignating No 38 Group TCW at Brize Norton on 16 December 1980 and was taken over by No 90 Signals Unit on 1 April 2006, moving to Leeming in 2008.

Telecommunication Flying Unit

This unit was formed from the SD Flight at Christchurch at Hurn on 10 November 1941.  Originally known as the Research Section, Telecommunications Flying Unit, it moved to Defford as the Telecommunications Flying Unit in May 1942, where it and was redesignated Radar Research Flying Unit on 1 November 1955.

Wireless Development Unit

This was formed from the RAF Detachment at Perth on 12 September 1939 within No 18 Group but was redesignated Station Flight, Perth on 24 October 1939.

Wireless Experimental Establishment/Wireless Telegraphy Establishment

This was formed from the Wireless Testing Park at Biggin Hill on 14 December 1917.  It was redesignated the W/T Establishment on 2 April 1918 and then the Instrument Design Establishment on 1 November 1919.

Wireless Fitting Party

This was formed at Henlow on 10 January 1924 but its fate is unknown.

Wireless (Intelligence) Development Unit

This was formed from the BATDU at Boscombe Down on 30 October 1940.  It was tasked with investigating the German radio beams being employed by the Luftwaffe to guide its bomber to targets in the UK and was redesignated No 109 Squadron on 10 December 1940.

No 12 Wireless Intelligence Screen

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1940.  It was based at Aldergrove and Mallusk then replaced by 96 Observer Wing in October 1941.  However, it was reformed in June 1942 at White Waltham, later moving to India, where it became a Wireless Observer Unit and disbanded in February 1944.

No 13 Wireless Intelligence Screen

This unit was probably formed at White Waltham in July 1940.  It moved to the Middle East in September, later becoming a Wireless Observer Unit and disbanded in December 1943.

No 14 Wireless Intelligence Screen

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1940.  It was based at Dolgelley and other locations in the UK before moving to Kenya, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon and Libya and disbanded in December 1943.

No 15 Wireless Intelligence Screen

This unit was formed at West Drayton in January 1941.  It moved to Egypt, Cyprus, Libya, Sicily and Italy, later becoming a Wireless Observer Unit and disbanded in May 1945.

No 17 Wireless Intelligence Screen

This unit was formed at an unknown location in October 1940.  It was based in Egypt, Libya and Cyprus, later becoming a Wireless Observer Unit and disbanded in December 1943.

No 52 Wireless Intelligence Unit

This unit was probably formed at Seletar in 1941 and disbanded in 1941.

No 2 Wireless (Observer) Unit

This unit was formed at White Waltham in March 1942.  It moved to India in July 1942 and was based at various locations including Silchar, later becoming part of No 224 Group and disbanded in December 1943.

No 3 Wireless (Observer) Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in June 1942.  It was based at various locations in India including Calcutta and disbanded in May 1943.

No 4 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in April 1942.  It was based in India and disbanded in September 1943.

No 5 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in April 1942.  It was based in India and disbanded in February 1944.

No 6 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at White Waltham in April 1942.  It moved to India in September 1942 and based at Cuttack  225 Group - Jun 1944 and disbanded in December 1943.

No 8 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in June 1942.  It was based in India and disbanded in October 1943.

No 9 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at White Waltham in May 1942.  It moved to India in October 1942 and was based at Madras and other locations, later becoming part of No 225 Group and disbanded in August 1944.

No 11 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at White Waltham in June 1942.  It arrived in India in December 1942 and was based at Imphal and other locations, being under the control of No 225 Group by June 1944  and disbanded in February 1944.

No 18 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at White Waltham in June 1942.  It later moved to India, becoming part of No 224 Group and disbanded in February 1944.

No 19 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in September 1941.  It later moved to India and disbanded in January 1944.

No 21 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1941 and disbanded in September 1941.

No 23 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1942.  It was based at Calcutta, India, being under the control of No 225 Group by June 1944  and disbanded in February 1944.

No 25 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1942.  It was based in India and in Colombo, Ceylon and disbanded in April 1943.

No 26 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in June 1942.  It was based in India and disbanded in July 1943.

No 48 Wireless Observer Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in February 1942.  It was based in the UK until April 1942 then moved to India, being under the control of No 225 Group by June 1944 and disbanded in July 1944.

No 1 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in October 1939.  It was based in France by 1 January 1940  and disbanded in June 1940.

No 2 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in October 1939.  It moved to France and was based at Maignelay, Cuts and other places before returning to the UK on HMT Thistleglen after which it was based at various locations including Belfast and disbanded in November 1942.

No 4 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was in the Maaten Bagush Area by December 1941.

No 4 Medium Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed in Egypt in June 1941.  It moved to Libya, Palestine, Syria and Turkey and disbanded in October 1944.

No 5 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was at Helmieh, Egypt by December 1941.

No 5 Medium Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1941.  It was based in Egypt, Palestine, Syria (Beirut) and Libya but was redesignated No 105 MSU on 12 September 1943.

No 6 Heavy Mobile Automatic W/T Unit

This unit was formed in Egypt in May 1941.  It was based at various locations including Palestine, Libya, Tunisia and Algeria, including Helmieh, Egypt in December 1941 and Algiers by June 1944, under the control of No 218 Group and disbanded in March 1945.

No 9 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in January 1942.  It later moved to Iraq, Palestine and Kafr-el-Farouk in Egypt, where it disbanded in February 1945.

No 10 Heavy Automatic W/T Station

This unit was formed from 18 Heavy Mobile W/T Station at an unknown location in March 1944.  It was based Italy, including Florence, Austria, including Schloss Pfannberg and Graz, where it disbanded in February 1948.

No 10 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 11 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in September 1942.  It moved to Algeria on the SS Stratheden and became No 11 Heavy Automatic W/T Unit in March 1944.

No 11 Heavy Automatic W/T Station

This unit was formed in the UK in March 1944.  By June 1944 it was under the control of No 225 Group but a disbandment date has not yet been found.

No 12 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at West Drayton in November 1942.  It moved to Algeria and later to Tunisia, Italy and Burma, being at Kandy in June 1944 and disbanded in August 1945.

No 13 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in November 1942.  It later moved to Algeria on the ship Indrapoera before moving on to Tunisia and then Italy.   In March 1944 it became No 13 Heavy Automatic W/T Station.

No 13 Heavy Automatic W/T Station

This unit was formed from No 13 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit in an unknown location in March 1944.  By this time it was probably in Italy and disbanded in July 1945.

No 14 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in August 1943.  It was based at Bizerta in Tunisia then moved to Italy, where it was redesignated No 14 Heavy Automatic W/T Unit on 1 March 1944.

No 14 Heavy Automatic W/T Unit

This unit was formed by redesignating No 14 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit at an unknown location on 1 March 1944.  It was based in Ital, including Bitonto and Gragnano, where it disbanded in June 1945.

No 15 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 214 Group, Secondigliano by June 1944.

No 18 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in August 1942.  It was based in Iraq then moved to Egypt, Libya and Italy, where it became 10 Heavy Automatic W/T Station in March 1944.

No 21 Heavy Mobile W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of HQ SHEAF by Jun 1944.

No 21 Type M W/T Unit

This unit was formed at Radlett in March 1943.  It later moved to Algeria, including Bordj Menaiel, then to Tunisia and Corsica, where it disbanded in February 1944.

No 22 Type M W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1943.  It was based in Algeria and Tunisia and disbanded in October 1943.

No 23 Light Mobile (Automatic) W/T Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.

No 28 Type M W/T Station

This unit was formed in Egypt in April 1943.  It later moved to Regima in Libya and disbanded in November 1943.

RAF W/T Station

This unit was formed at an unknown location in November 1942.  It was based at Tehran in Persia (Iran) and disbanded in April 1943.

Air Ministry W/T Station

This unit was formed at Greenford in July 1940 and disbanded in October 1940.

Air Ministry W/T Station

This unit was formed at Cairo in December 1940 and disbanded in November 1941.

Air Ministry W/T Station

This unit was formed at Symington in April 1943 and disbanded in September 1946.

Air Ministry W/T Station

This unit was formed at Redbrae in April 1944 and disbanded in April 1945.

Air Ministry W/T Station

This unit was formed at Winstone in May 1947 and disbanded in August 1947.

Air Ministry W/T Station

This unit was formed at Weyhill in December 1947 and disbanded in May 1948.

No 1 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1942.  It moved to Egypt in November 1942 and disbanded in January 1944.

No 7 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at White Waltham in April 1942.  moved to India in September 1942 and was based at Vizagapatam as part of 225 Group and disbanded in January 1944.

No 16 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in February 1941.  It moved to Iraq, being in Mosul by December 1941, later moving to Libya and disbanded in September 1943.

No 22 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in June 1942.  It was based at Colombo, Ceylon and disbanded in March 1943.

No 24 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in September 1942 and disbanded in September 1943.

No 27 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in March 1943.  It was based in Egypt and disbanded in August 1943.

No 28 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in March 1942.  It was based in the UK before moving to the Middle East and disbanded in March 1944.

No 29 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in September 1942 and disbanded in August 1943.

No 31 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in March 1942.  It was based in Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt and disbanded in April 1944.

No 32 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in March 1942.  It was based in Libya, Persia and Lebanon as part of 210 Group and disbanded in April 1944.

No 33 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in March 1942 and disbanded in August 1943.

No 34 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in February 1942 and disbanded in February 1944.

No 35 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1942.  It was based in Libya, Lebanon and Egypt and disbanded in October 1943.

No 36 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was based at Aleppo (Syria) and other locations in the Middle East.

No 37 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in September 1942.  It was based in India, later becoming a Wireless Observer Unit and disbanded in October 1943.

No 38 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in May 1942.  It was based in the UK until June 1942 then moved to Lebanon and Libya and disbanded in September 1943.

No 38 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in December 1942.  It was under the control of No 210 Group and disbanded in January 1944.

No 39 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in early 1942.  It later moved to India and was based at various locations including Calcutta and Kohima and disbanded in December 1943.

No 41 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in January 1943 and disbanded in December 1943.

No 42 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location, probably in the Middle East in August 1942 and disbanded in January 1944.

No 43 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed in the UK in April 1942.  It later moved to the Middle East and disbanded in October 1943.

No 44 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location in June 1942.  It moved to the Middle East in October, later being based at Moascar, Egypt and disbanded in December 1943.

No 49 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was at Monsummano by June 1944.

No 58 Wireless Unit

This unit was probably formed at Heliopolis in December 1941.  It was under the control of the 8th Army in Italy by June 1944 but a disbandment date has not yet been found.

No 98 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was in Florence, Italy by June 1944.

No 355 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 231 Group by December 1944.

No 357 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at Colombo but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 222 Group, Colombo - Jun 1944.

No 359 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 231 Group by December 1944.

No 361 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at Cheadle but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 26 Group by December 1944.

No 362 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at Chicksands but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 26 Group by December 1944.

No 363 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at Canterbury but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 26 Group by December 1944.

No 365 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No HQ 2 TAF by December 1944.

No 367 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 224 Group by December 1944.

No 368 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 224 Group by December 1944.

No 369 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 225 Group by December 1944.

No 372 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at Church Green but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 26 Group by December 1944.

No 378 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 225 Group by December 1944.

No 383 Wireless Unit

This unit was formed at an unknown location but formation and disbandment dates have not yet been found.  However, it was under the control of No 84 Group by December 1944.

Yatesbury Wireless Flight

This was formed on 14 May 1940 at Yatesbury with two DH 89s to provide flying classrooms for No 2 Electrical and Wireless School and its fate is unknown but was possibly absorbed into No 2 E&WS.

This page was last updated on 26/05/17 using FrontPage 2003

         [Top of Page]