Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation


Home Page

Main Menu

Quick Menu

Members' Area

What New?

About this site

Reunions

Help Needed?

Glossary

Bibliography

Sign Guest Book

View Guest Book

Link to Amazon

Online Store

Contact Me


Refuelling and Re-arming Parties


No 1 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Hawkinge.  It disbanded on 9 February 1942.

It reformed on 14 April 1942 at Colerne from No 9 R & R Party.  It moved to Ford on 21 February 1944, Tangmere on 5 March, then to Hawkinge at some point before returning to Tangmere on 27 November, remaining there until at least February 1945 but its fate is unknown.

No 2 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Manston and it disbanded on 9 February 1942.

No 3 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Redhill and disbanded to became 'B' Flight, No 3201 Servicing Echelon on 9 February 1942.

It reformed on 14 February 1942 at Martlesham Heath from No 8 R & R Party and disbanded on 3 November 1942.

No 4 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at West Malling and disbanded to became 'B' Flight, No 3203 Servicing Echelon on 9 February 1942.

It was to have reformed on 18 September 1942 at West Malling but this was cancelled on 03 November 1942.

No 5 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Hunsdon and disbanded to became 'B' Flight, No 3202 Servicing Echelon on 9 February 1942.

It was to have reformed on 18 September 1942 at Redhill but this was cancelled on 3 November 1942.

No 6 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Kenley and disbanded to became 'A' Flight, No 3201 Servicing Echelon on 9 February 1942.

It was to have reformed on 18 September 1942 at Hawkinge but this was cancelled on 3 November 1942.

No 7 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Croydon and disbanded to became 'A' Flight, No 3202 Servicing Echelon on 9 February 1942.

No 8 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Martlesham Heath and was redesignated No 3 R & R Party on 14 February 1942.

No 9 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 August 1941 at Colerne and was redesignated No 1 R & R Party on 14 February 1942.

No 30 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in July 1943 at Taranto under the control of NACAF.  It moved to Crotone Main on 21 January 1944, where it disbanded on 21 August 1944.

It reformed on 1 November 1944 at Taranto under the control of Balkan Air Force, moving to Araxos on 13 November 1944, Patras on 24 December, Bari on 5 January 1945 and finally Prkos on 7 February, where it disbanded on 3 April 1945.

No 31 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on by 30 September 1943 at Taranto, moving to Kairouan on 10 December 1943, where it disbanded in January 1944.

It reformed on 21 March 1945 at Araxos, where it disbanded on 31 Dec 1945.

No 32 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was planned to form in 1943/44 under the control of NWAAF but only ever existed on a 'number plate' basis.

No 51 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in August 1942 at Aqir under the control of Middle East Command.  It moved to LG228 in October 1942, was at Misurata by 7 March 1943, Naovaria on 15 September and finally El Djem on 5 November, where it disbanded on 20 January 1944.

No 52 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in August 1942 at Helwan under the control of Middle East Command.  It moved to LG28 in November 1942, was at Neffatia West by 9 March 1943, Monastir on 6 April, Gabes on 9 April, Sorman West on 28 April and Valdagno on 17 July 1943.  By January 1944 it was a Gambut 3 before moving to Mersa Matruh on 23 February, Edcu in June and then back to Mresa Matruh on 23 July 1944, where it disbanded on 10 December 1944.

No 53 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in July 1942 at Edcu under the control of Middle East Command.  It moved to LG28 in July 1942, LG39 in August and returned to Edcu in the same month and detached 'C' Section to LG172.  In November it was back at LG39 and by 9 March 1943 was at El Hamma, with 'C' Section at Soltone.  Further moves followed to Monastir on 6 April 1943, Ben Gardane North on 28 April, Sorman on 17 July and finally Agone on 20 August, where it disbanded on 1 September 1943.

No 54 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in August 1942 at Gianaclis under the control of Middle East Command.  It moved to Berka on 28 November and by 9 March 1943 was at Misurata.  By 1 February 1944 it was at Derna Main before moving to Savoia on 23 February but was back at Derna Main by July, leaving a detachment at Savoia.  it disbanded on 15 February 1945.

No 55 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in July 1942 at Ramat David.  It moved to St Jean in August, Mariut in October, Amriya in November, leaving 'B' Section at Maruit before going to No 23 PTC at Helwan.  It then moved to LG227 on 20 November, where it disbanded on 15 February 1943.

It reformed on 8 November 1943 at No 21 PTC, Kasfareet, moving to Aleppo on 31 December, El Agrud on 14 January 1944, Gebel Hamzi in February and then to Edcu on 23 February, where it disbanded on 30 April 1944.

No 56 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in July 1942 at Nicosia under the control of No 259 Wing.  Control was transferred to No 250 Wing on 9 August 1942 but back to No 259 Wing in 1943.  It moved to Paphos on 9 August, then Lakatamia, Nicosia Main on 17 September, Larnaca, back to Nicosia Main on 30 November and by June 1944 was at Lakatamis, where it disbanded on 15 June 1944.

No 57 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in July 1942 at Nicosia from No 7 R & R Party (ME) under the control of No 259 Wing.  It disbanded on 15 February 1943.

No 58 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in July 1942 at Nicosia from No 8 R & R Party (ME).  It moved to LG 'Y' (Abu Sueir) in August then Ramleh the same month, with a detachment at Lydda, before arriving at Muqeiba in October.  By December 1943 it was at Lakatamia but was en-route to LG91 the following day after which it was a Amriya but by June was at Edku.  At some point it moved to Derna, where It disbanded on 1 July 1944.

It reformed on 27 July 1944 at No 22 PTC, Almaza, moving to Aleppo in September and then to Muqeibila in October before returning to Almaza, where it disbanded on 15 October 1944.

No 59 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in July 1942 at Tel Aviv from No 9 R & R Party (ME), moving to LG86 in August, back to Tel Aviv in September and then to LG204 in November, where It disbanded on 15 February 1943.

It reformed on 21 March 1945 at Heraklion but by June had moved to Maleme, where it disbanded on 15 October 1945.

No 60 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 1 October 1942 at LG237 under the control of "Deeforce" later moving to Mersa Matruh, where it disbanded on 15 February 1943.

No 69 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed in October 1943 at Luqa where it disbanded in Feb 1944.

No 76 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Imphal under the control of No 170 Wing.  It moved to Tulihal on 21 January 1944, Kangla on 2 May, and then back to Tulihal in September, where it disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 77 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Palel under the control of No 221 Group.  It disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 78 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Agartala from No 3 R & R Party (India).  It disbanded and was replaced by No 1 RAF Servicing Party on 09 August 1943.

No 79 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Agartala under the control of No 224 Group.  It had moved to Feni by December, with a detachment at Comilla but was back at Agartala on 16 December, where it disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 80 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Feni from No 5 R & R Party (India).  It disbanded and was replaced by No 2 RAF Servicing Party on 09 August 1943.

No 81 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Feni under the control of No 224 Group.  It moved to Chittagong on 6 July 1944 and then Chiringa on 16 September, where it disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 82 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Chittagong under the control of No 224 Group.  It moved to Bawli Bazaar on 10 March 1944, Comilla on 6 May, Kumbhirgram in June, Tulihal in August and Manipur Road in November, where it disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 83 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Chittagong from No 8 R & R Party (India).  It moved to Nazir on 10 February 1944, Rumkhapalong on 9 March, and back to Chittagong on 17 March, where It disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 84 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Silchar from No 9 R & R Party (India).  It disbanded and was replaced by No 3 RAF Servicing Party on 09 August 1943.

No 85 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Cox's Bazaar from No 10 R & R Party (India) under the control of No 224 Group.  It had moved to an unknown location before returning to Cox's Bazaar on 13 December and then to Dohazari on 31 December, Chittagong on 10 March 1944 and finally to Comilla in June, where it disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 86 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Comilla from No 11 R & R Party (India) under the control of No 224 Group .  It moved to Ramu on 18 December, Bura Maunghnama on 10 February 1944 and back to Ranu on 10 March before going to Cox's Bazaar in July, where it disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 87 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 30 June 1943 at Ulunderpet under the control of No 225 Group.  It disbanded on 25 November 1944.

No 1 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Imphal under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 Mar 1943 but it was redesignated No 76 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 2 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Palel under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 77 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 3 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Agartala possibly under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 78 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 4 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Agartala possibly under the control of AHQ Bengals.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 79 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 5 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Feni under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 80 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 6 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Feni under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 81 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 7 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Chittagong under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 82 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 8 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Chittagong under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 83 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 9 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 19 February 1943 at Silchar under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 84 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 10 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Cox's Bazaar under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 85 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 11 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 at Comilla under the control of AHQ Bengal.  Control was transferred to No 224 Group on 14 March 1943 but it was redesignated No 86 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 12 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 27 December 1942 under the control of AHQ Bengal but it was redesignated No 9 R & R Party (India) on 19 February 1943.

No 12 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (India)

This was formed on 07 April 1943 at Ulunderpet.  It was redesignated No 87 R & R Party on 30 June 1943.

No 1 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 24 December 1941 at LG05, Sidi Barrani and then reformed under the control of No 231 Wing on 12 March 1942 and by June was in the Maaten Bagush area (LG117 and LG106) but its fate is unknown.

No 2 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 24 December 1941 at Mersa Matruh and then reformed in the Maaten Bagush area on 23 March 1942 but its fate is unknown.

No 3 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 24 December 1941 at LG109, Bir Khamsa and then reformed in the Maaten Bagush area on 23 March 1942 and by June it had moved to Sidi Barani but its fate is unknown.

No 4 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 10 March 1942 at Bu Amud but its fate is unknown.

No 5 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 1 May 1942 at Jerusalem under the control of AHQ Levant.  Its fate is unknown.

No 6 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 1 May 1942 at Nicosia under the control of No 259 Wing but it was redesignated No 56 R & R Party in July 1942.

No 7 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 1 May 1942 at Nicosia under the control of No 259 Wing but it was redesignated No 57 R & R Party in July 1943.

No 8 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 10 May 1942 at Tel Aviv but it was redesignated No 58 R & R Party in July 1944.

No 9 Refuelling and Re-arming Party (Middle East)

This was formed on 10 May 1942 at Tel Aviv but it was redesignated No 59 R & R Party in July 1945.

No 424 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 18 September 1944 at Tangmere under the control of No 85 Group.  Details of its movements and detachments can be found in the table below.  It disbanded on 31 May 1945.

18 Sep 1944

Technical Section (half) - Biggin Hill

18 Sep 1944

Technical Section (half) - Andrews Field

6 Nov 1944

Technical Section (whole) - Merston

30 Nov 1944

B-67 Ursel

4 Apr 1945

B-90 Petit Brogel

19 May 1945

Lille/Vendeville

23 May 1945

B-51 Courcelle

No 425 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 18 September 1944 at Tangmere under the control of No 85 Group.  Details of its movements and detachments can be found in the table below.  It disbanded on 15 June 1945.

8 Nov 1944

Technical Section - Lympne

6 Dec 1944

Technical Section - Merston

24 Dec 1944

Advance Party - B-65 Maldeghem

24 Jan 1945

Main Party - B-65 Maldeghem

13 Mar 1945

132 Boulevard de Tirlemont, Louvain

27 Mar 1945

B-65 Maldeghem

11 Apr 1945

B-86 Helmond

No 426 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 10 December 1944 at Ibsley under the control of No 83 Group.  Details of its movements and detachments can be found in the table below.  It disbanded on 31 October 1945.

by 31 Jan 1945

B-65 Maldeghem

6 Apr 1945

A' Section - B-106 Twente/Enschede

7 Apr 1945

HQ, 'B' & 'D' Sections - B-108 Rheine

10 Apr 1945

HQ, 'B' & 'D' Sections - B-78 Eindhoven

10 Apr 1945

C' Section - B-100 Goch

17 Apr 1945

C' Section - B-78 Eindhoven

27 Apr 1945

HQ & 'A' Section - B118 Celle

27 Apr 1945

B' & 'D' Sections - B-100 Goch

13 May 1945

A' Section - B-160 Kastrup

21 Jun 1945

Helmond (whole unit ?)

10 Jul 1945

HQ - B-116 Flensburg

10 Jul 1945

B' & 'D' Sections - Wunstorf

13 Aug 1945

B' Section - Schleswig

13 Aug 1945

D' Section - B-151 Buckeburg

No 427 Refuelling and Re-arming Party

This was formed on 10 December 1944 at Ibsley under the control of No 84 Group.  Details of its movements and detachments can be found in the table below.  It disbanded on 31 October 1945.

by 1 Apr 1945

No 1 Section - B-89 Mill (No 169 Wing)

by 1 Apr 1945

No 2 Section - B-85 Schleswig (No 132 Wing)

17 Apr 1945

Hengele

17 Apr 1945

No 2 & 3 Sections - Nordhammer

18 Apr 1945

No 1 & 4 Sections - Nordhammer

19 Apr 1945

No 2 & 3 Sections - Varloh

24 Apr 1945

Two Section - Ahlhorn

26-28 Apr 1945

B-118 Celle

by 25 Apr 1945 (sic)

HQ, 1 & 4 Sections - Varrelbusch

?

No 1 Section - Detmold

?

No 4 Section - Scheuen

13 May 1945

Nos 2 & 3 Sections - B-107 Plantiunne

22 May 1945

No 1 Section - Wunstorf

30 May 1945

No 2 Section - Jever

No 424 Refue

This page was last updated on 26/05/17 using FrontPage 2003

[Top of Page]