Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation


Home Page

Main Menu

Quick Menu

Members' Area

What New?

About this site

Reunions

Help Needed?

Glossary

Bibliography

Sign Guest Book

View Guest Book

Link to Amazon

Online Store

Contact Me


Air Stores Parks/Equipment Parks/Air Ammunition Parks


These were mobile units and held around a month's stock of spares, equipment and technical and domestic stores.  They were often located next to or near Repair and Salvage Units.

No 1 Air Stores Park

This was formed from the Base Supply Unit on 4 October 1935 at Mersa Matruh as No 1 ASP (Middle East) but was redesignated No 3 Air Stores Park on 25 November 1935.

It was reformed on 24 August 1939 at Halton as part of the Air Component, BEF.  It moved to Southampton on 12 September and established itself at Bertangles on 26 September.  Following the German successes it was forced to prepare to evacuate and moved to Cherbourg on 20 May 1940 and arrived at Henlow the following day.  It was reconstituted at Halton on 31 May but disbanded on 22 June 1940.

The nucleus of a new No 1 ASP arrived in the Middle East on 15 June 1942 from the UK and was temporarily located at No 21 PTC, Kasfareet under the control of AHQ Western Desert.  It formed, officially, at Rear HQ, Western Desert on 7 October 1942 but its formation was placed in abeyance on 22 October 1942.

No 2 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 4 October 1935 at Atbara but was redesignated No 4 Air Stores Park on 25 November 1935.

It was reformed on 27 August 1939 at Henlow as part of the Air Component, BEF.  It moved to Southampton on 12 September and was at Yvetot on 16 September, followed by further moves to Auchel on 28 September and Fefatz on 2 October.  Its ORB ends at the end of March 1940 but it was at Ferfay by 4 May.  Evacuation probably occurred in late May and it disbanded on 31 May 1940 at Halton.

The nucleus of a new No 2 ASP arrived in the Middle East on 15 June 1942 from the UK and was temporarily located at No 21 PTC, Kasfareet under the control of AHQ Western Desert.  It officially reformed at Platres, Cyprus on 1 November 1942 under the control of AHQ Levant, before moving to Aboukir on26 November 1942, where it disbanded on 10 January 1943.

No 3 Air Stores Park

This was formed as part of 'Truforce' on 25 November 1935 at Mersa Matruh but its fate is unknown.

It was reformed on 9 December 1939 at Henlow as part of the Air Component, BEF, arriving at its destination (unknown) on 6 February 1940.  On 25 March it was transferred to the control of AASF and was also attached to No 5 ASP at Verzenay.  By 4 May 1940 it was situated at Velu, moving to Villers Bocage on 17 May in transit back to the UK.  It disbanded on 31 May 1940 at Halton.

The nucleus of a new No 3 ASP arrived in the Middle East on 15 June 1942 from the UK and was temporarily located at No 21 PTC, Kasfareet under the control of No 201 Group.  Its fate is unknown.

No 4 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 25 November 1935 at Atbara and disbanded on 14 August 1936.

Planned as part of the First Echelon, AASF in April 1939, it was formed on 26 August 1939 at St Athan and embarked at Southampton on 13 September.  Settling at Ludes on 15 September, it was supplying No 76 Wing by February 1940.  Following the German invasion it moved to Vauchassis on 16 May , Varennes on 3 June, Rialle in the Nantes area on 15 June and te following day was at Brest ready to be evacuated.  It arrived at Halton on 17 June, where it disbanded on 30 June 1940.

It arrived in the Middle East on 15 June 1942 having been formed in the UK and was temporarily located at No 22 PTC, Almaza before moving to No 112 MU at El Agrud, after which its fate is unknown.

It reformed on 1 July 1944 at No 22 PTC, Almaza for service in Italy but disbanded instead

No 5 Air Stores Park

Planned as part of the First Echelon, AASF in April 1939, it was formed on 26 August 1939 at St Athan and embarked at Southampton on 13 September.  Settling at Puisaux on 18 September, to supply No 75 Wing but on 23 November it moved to Verzeney.  Following the German invasion it began to move away from the advancing enemy arriving at Mery sur Seine on 16 May 1940, where it stayed until the end of the month.  On 31 May it was at Chennegy, La Chapelle en Cherrie on 3 June, Meslay on 5 June, La Collonne on 14 June before embarking on the SS Vienna at Brest, two days later.  It arrived in Plymouth the following day and moved to Locking and later Halton, where it disbanded on 30 June 1940.

No 6 Air Stores Park

Planned as part of the Second Echelon, AASF in April 1939, it was formed on 15 September 1939 at Henlow Athan and embarked at Southampton on 5 October.  Settling at Avize on 10 October, to supply No 71 Wing, where it remained until at least February 1940.   Following the German invasion it began to move away from the advancing enemy arriving at Chateaueuf by early June before moving to Anet on 3 June, Foret de Belleme on 9 June, Vibraye on 10 June, Nantes on 15 June, finally embarking for the UK at Brest on 16 June.  It was obviously split for the sea crossing as elements were landed in both Plymouth and Falmouth on 17 June before proceeding to Yatesbury the following day.  It moved to Halton on 20 June, where it disbanded on 30 June 1940.

No 7 Air Stores Park

Planned as part of the Second Echelon, AASF in April 1939, it was formed on 15 September 1939 at Henlow.  It was located at Bertangles on 17 May 1940 but it isn't known when it had travelled across to the continent.  However, two days later it moved to a port for evacuation to the UK and was at Halton in early June, where it

No 8 Equipment Park

This was formed on 2 September 1943 at Trichinopoly and disbanded in January 1944.

No 10 Equipment Park

This was formed on 23 August 1943 at Campbellpore under the control of No 187 Wing.  It was redesignated No 103 Equipment Park on 23 June 1943.

No 12 Air Stores Park

This was formed on or by 31 January 1939 at Habbaniya, moving to Abu Sueir on 11 September, where it was attached to No 102 MU, into which it was probably absorbed on 12 November 1939.

No 20 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 March 1940 at Henlow,  where it remained until at least 1 April, after which it sailed to Norway to join 'X' Force.  Evacuation following the Germans' successes began on 1 June when it embarked on the SS Royal Scotsman at Halstad, arriving in Scapa Flow on 4 June.  It embarked on SS Lochnagar the following day for the journey to Aberdeen, where it arrived on 11 June.  It arrived at Henlow on 13 July, where it disbanded with effect from on 22 June 1940.

No 31 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 28 November 1939 at Fuka and as a highly mobile unit, its various locations are shown in the table below.  Control was transferred to North-West African Air Forces on 16 May 1943 and then to Desert Air Force on 10 December 1943.  It was redesignated No 17 Air Depot, SAAF on 10 July 1945.

 

by Nov 1940

Burg el Arab

16 May 1943

Enfidaville

27 Jan 1941

Sollum

31 May 1943

Hammamet

 1 Feb 1941

Burg el Arab

20 Jul 1943

Vittoria Gela Road

 8 Mar 1941

El Adem

24 Aug 1943

9km north of Lentini

10 Apr 1941

Fuka Main

 5 Oct 1943

Brindisi (Adv Party)

30 Apr 1941

Burg el Arab

19 Oct 1943

Brindisi (Rear Party)

 6 Jun 1941

Abu Sueir

23 Jan 1943

Taranto

12 Oct 1941

Qasba (LG11)

26 Oct 1943

Ordona

26 Dec 1941

Gambut

17 Dec 1943

Foggia area

 3 Jan 1942

Qasba (LG11)

21 Mar 1944

Foggia Termoli Road

24 Jun 1942

LG97

25 Jun 1944

Pescara area

 3 Jul 1942

Qassassin

27 Oct 1944

Iesi Falconara

 1 Nov 1942

Tmimi

 1 Nov 1944

Borghetto

 6 Jan 1943

Magrun

 7 Mar 1945

Bordonchio

10 Feb 1943

Zliten

17 May 1945

Passariano

16 Apr 1943

Medenine

   

No 32 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 October 1940 at Aboukir and embarked for Greece on 20 March 1941, arriving at Piraeus two days later.  It made numerous movements both in Greece and after evacuation as shown in the table below.  In November 1943 it embarked on HMT Devonshire at Suez and sailed to India arriving in Bombay on 29 November. It relocated to No 36 PTC at Calcutta on 3 December 1943 from where it embarked on HMT Nevesa two days later.  Arriving at Cox's Bazaar on 9 December it was allocated to No 186 Wing on 9 December 1943, disbanding in Singapore on 15 May 1946.

 

26 Mar 1941

Lamia

30 Jun 1942

Gianaclis

16 Apr 1941

Daphni

4 Jul 1942

LG 'Z'

23 Apr 1941

Argos

20 Oct 1942

Gianaclis

25 Apr 1941

Kalamata

27 Dec 1942

El Daba (in transit)

26 Apr 1941

Kithera, Crete

2 Jan 1943

Berka Main

29 Apr 1941

Suda Bay

28 Oct 1943

Tobruck (in transit)

30 Apr 1941

embarked

2 Nov 1943

Kasfareet (No 21 PTC)

1 May 1941

disembarked Aboukir

14 Nov 1943

Suez for embarkation in HMT Devonshire

30 May 1941

Gaza

29 Nov 1943

disembarked Bombay

5 Aug 1941

en-route to Iraq

3 Dec 1943

No 36 PTC, Calcutta

10 Aug 1941

Habbaniya

5 Dec 1943

embarked HMT Nevasa

12 Oct 1941

in transit

9 Dec 1943

Cox's Bazaar

20 Oct 1941

Burg el Arab

8 Jun 1945

Chittagong

23 Dec 1941

Fuka

1 Jul 1945

Avadi

27 Mar 1942

LG 91

9 Sept 1945

in transit

Apr 1942

Kilo 162

1 Oct 1945

Kluang

May 1942

Kilo 160

13 Oct 1945

Singapore

 

No 33 Air Stores Park

This was formed as Air Stores Park (Middle East), Force 'Y' on 11 November 1940 at Aboukir embarking at Alexandria two days later and arriving at Piraeus on 16 November.  It moved to Daphni to support the RAF units based in Greece but was redesignated No 33 ASP around March 1941. On 20 April 1941 it returned to Athens to begin the journey back to Egypt, arriving at Alexandria on 29 April and moving to the PTC at Aboukir.  It made numerous movements which are shown in the table below.  Control was transferred to No 214 Group on 1 June 1943 and it operated a number of detachments which are detailed in the second table.  It disbanded on 5 January 1945.

26 Apr 1941

Wadi Natrun

17 Mar 1943

Medenine

10 Oct 1941

LG 11 Fuka

12 Apr 1943

Gabes

23 Dec 1941

El Adem

13 Apr 1943

Sfax

31 Dec 1941

Gerawla

17 Apr 1943

Monastir

24 Jun 1942

Wadi Natrun

19 Apr 1943

Kairouan

02 Jul 1942

LG 224

24 May 1943

Zuara

04 Jul 1942

Deversoir

31 May 1943

Zavia

17 Jul 1942

LG 222A/Kilo17/Fayoum Road

02 Sep 1943

Deversoir

17 Oct 1942

Kilo 162

15 Oct 1943

Sfax

10 Nov 1942

Sidi Haneish

17 Oct 1943

Sidi Amor

20 Nov 1942

Sidi Bu Amed

20 Dec 1943

No 33 ASP (North) to Ajaccio

02 Dec 1942

Martuba

22 Dec 1943

Rear Party arrived in Corsica

07 Dec 1942

Benina

11 Feb 1944

Sassari

13 Jan 1943

Agedabia

19 Sep 1944

Tarquinia

24 Jan 1943

Misurata West

01 Nov 1944

Concello

12 Mar 1943

Ben Gardane

   

 

Dec 1941 - Jan1942

Advance Section - Fort Maddalena

Dec 41

Advance Section - Mechili

Mar 1942 - May 1942

Advance Section - Gambut

Jul-42

Advance Section - LG 102, Sidi Haneish

20 Dec 1943

Detachment at Ghisonaccia ceased

11 Feb 1944

North detachment - Corte

01 Sep 1944

No 125 U taken over as No 33 ASP, No 1 Park

19 Sep - 17 Dec 1944

Detachment - Sassari

by 1 Nov 1944

No 1 Park - Calvi area

by 1 Nov 1944

Detachment - Corte

17 Feb 1944

No 1 Detachment (Park?) - Borgo

 

 

No 34 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 May 1941 at Wilmslow for service in Middle East Command, arriving aboard HMT Duchess of Bedford at Suez on 17 July 1941, moving to the Middle East Pool at Kasfareet.  It moved to El Firdan on 27 July, Gaza on 26 August, Ramleh on 30 October, Riyan on 28 February 1942, Ramat David on 15 April and then Balfourya on 30 June.  At some point between June and August it moved to Rayak, because it moved from there to Beit Ovid on 4 August.  Further moves followed to Quocier on 5 July, Beirut on 1 September, Ras-el-Ein on 13 December, Aqir on 28 December until arriving at its final location in the Middle East, Khanka on 1 January 1944. 

On 6 April 1944 it left the Middle East and returned to the UK, where it was reformed on 5 May at North Weald and allocated to No 85 Group.  It  moved to Bicester on 7 May, and then on to the continent at Mendeville on 2 September.  An Advance Party went to Brussels on 30 September until 18 October when it was replaced by the main party and then moved to Eindhoven on 20 April 1945.  It disbanded on 10 August 1945.

No 35 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 27 September 1941 in the UK for service in Iraq Command, arriving at Habbaniya by March 1942.  It disbanded on 1 May 1943.

No 36 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 2 September 1941 at Amriya for service with No 252 Wing.  It made numerous movements which are shown in the table below, it also operated a number of detachments which are shown in the second table.  It was redesignated No 18 Air Depot, SAAF on 10 July 1945.

3 Dec 1941

Kilo 160

19 Mar 1944

in transit

6 Mar 1942

West of Fuka

7 Apr 1944

Capua-Cassino Road

1 Jul 1942

Aqir

14 Jun 1944

Anzio

26 Oct 1942

Kilo 157

18 Jun 1944

Tarquinia area

27 Oct 1942

Fayid

25 Jun 1944

Grosseto area

17 Nov 1942

Fayid South

5 Jul 1944

Piombino area

13 Nov 1942

LG 237 (Kilo 40)

6 Aug 1944

Foiano di Chiana

16 Dec 1942

Gianaclis

14 Oct 1944

Riccione

16 May 1943

in transit

16 Oct 1944

Rimini

28 May 1943

Zavia

8 Nov 1944

Savigliano

17 Aug 1943

in transit

15 Feb 1945

Ravenna

9 Sep 1943

Kasfareet

4 May 1945

Ferrara

31 Dec 1943

El Khanka

8 May 1945

Udine

 

26 Jun 1942

Advance Section to Kabrit

Jul 1942 - Jan 1944

Detachment - Fayid

15 Jan 1944

Detachment to Aleppo

Jun 1944

Detachment - Tarquinia

 Jul 1944

Detachment - Ombrone

14 Aug 1944

Air Freight Detachment to Castiglione

7 Sep 1944

Detachment to Ancona

Oct 1944

Detachment - Florence

Oct 1944

Detachment - Falconara

1 Jan 1945

Detcahment - Empoli

by 2 to 16 May1945

Detachment - Isola

7 May 1945

Detachment - Bologna area

 

No 37 Air Stores Park

This was formed in the UK for service with No 257 Wing officially forming on 18 April 1942 at Shallufa satellite but its tasking was changed to supplying the needs of Nos 236 and 242 Wings but from July was retasked with supplying Nos 231, 236 238 Wings.  It undertook various numerous movements which are shown in the table below.  No 1 Section operated on detachment, starting at Daba on 26 June 1942, then to LG 237 on 20 August and back to Daba on 31 December.  It disbanded on 1 July 1944.

29 Jun 1942

Abu Sueir

01 Jul 1942

in transit

17 Jul 1942

Shallufa Satellite

03 Nov 1942

in transit

12 Nov 1942

near Daba

01 Dec 1942

32 km West of Bardia

26 Jan 1943

Magrun

by 9 Mar 1943

near Gardabia Main

15 Dec 1943

22 miles South of Misurata

26 May 1943

Kairouan

16 Nov 1943

near Tunis

08 Dec 1943

Bizerte

10 Dec 1943

embarked

13 Dec 1943

arrived Naples

14 Dec 1943

Bovino

15 Dec 1943

Cerignola

 

No 38 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 2 September 1941 at LG 'Y' Abu Sueir.  On 11 September it moved to Qassassin, El Knanka on 2 November but on 28 November it was at no 22 PTC, Almaza as a cadre.  It disbanded on 16 June 1943.

No 39 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 10 November 1941 at No 5 PDC, Padgate, embarking on the SS Narkuma at Glasgow on 11 November.  On arriving at Durban it was transferred to the SS Indrapoora and arrived in Bombay on 6 January 1942.  It moved to Asansol 13 January but on 15 February it was embarked at Calcutta on the SS Ellenga to go to Rangoon but as a result of Japanese successes in Burma this move was cancelled en route and the unit arrived back in Calcutta on 23 February.   Three days later it moved to Bareilly and then to Kanchrapara on 9 April, where it was officially 'formed' with effect from 1 April.  From 30 April it was located at Naihati and began operations as the supply unit of Bengal Command.  It was placed under the control of No 165 Wing on 1 October 1942, moving to Chandpur on 21 December and to Akyab on 12 March 1943, where it disbanded on 1 April 1943.

It reformed as No 39 ASP (No 39 Equipment Park) at Chandpur on 1 April 1945, moving to Akyab on 19 April, where it disbanded on 21 November 1945.

No 40 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 November 1941 at No 5 PDC, Padgate, embarking on 10 November and arriving at Port Tewfik on 9 January 1942 immediately moving to the Middle East Pool at Kasfareet. It then began a series of moves, which are detailed in the table below.  It disbanded into No 357 MU on 1 April 1946.

25 Jan 1942

Burg el Arab

16 Jul 1943

Cassibile, near Syracuse

10 Mar 1942

LG 07, Mersa Matruh West

31 Jul 1943

Lentini area

28 Apr 1942

LG 101

16 Sep 1943

Crotone

19 Jun 1942

LG 75

25 Sep 1943

3 miles North of Mottola

26 Jun 1942

LG 82

2 Oct 1943

Foggia

2 Jul 1942

Kilo 8 on Suez Road

3 Jan 1944

Petacciato

8 Nov 1942

Maaten Bagush

25 May 1944

Latta Point

11 Nov 1942

LG 75

6 Jun 1944

Venafro

14 Nov 1942

Gambut

9 Jun 1944

near Prosinone

15 Nov 1942

Gazala

11 Jun 1944

Osa

16 Nov 1942

Martuba

18 Jun 1944

North-East of Rome

26 Nov 1942

12 miles East of Barce

22 Jun 1944

Monterosi

27 Nov 1942

El Magrun

7 Jul 1944

Castiglione del Lago

4 Dec 1942

Agedabia

15 Jul 1944

3 miles North of Castiglione

21 Dec 1942

Marble Arch

25 Aug 1944

1 mile East of Iesi

1 Jan 1943

Nofilia

21 Sep 1944

Senigallia

10 Jan 1943

Wadi Tamet

23 Oct 1944

Mondolfo

21 Jan 1943

Darragh North

15 Nov 1944

Pesario

27 Jan 1943

Tripoli-Zuara Road

24 Feb 1945

Madonna del Pino

3 Mar 1943

2 miles East of Ben Gardane

5 May 1945

Mirabelle

9 Mar 1943

Medenine

8 May 1945

Rivolto

8 Apr 1943

Gabes

25 May 1945

Klagenfurt

12 Apr 1943

Sfax

11 Sep 1945

Zeltweg

16 Apr 1943

Sousse

Apr 1946

Udine

28 Apr 1943

6 km W of Sabratha

14 Apr 1946

Treviso

12 Jul 1943

22 km West of Tripoli

   

 

13 Jul 1943

Detachment to Catania

16 Jul 1943

Detachment to Pachino

15 Sep 1943

Detachment to Grottaglie

02 Oct 1943

Detachment to Bari

22 Dec 1943

Detachment to 13 miles South of San Salvo

03 Jan 1944

Detachment to Foggia Main

to 13 Jan 1944

Air Freight Detachment - Catania

to 21 Apr 1944

Air Freight Detachment - Bari

07 Jul 1944

Detachment - Tortoreto

7 - 19 Jul 1944

Air Freight Detachment - Orvieto

15 Jul 1944

No 1 Air Freight Detachment - Littorio

19 Jul 1944

No 2 Air Freight Detachment - Castiglione

25 Jul 1944

No 1 Air Freight Detachment - Falconara

17 Sep 1944

No 1 Air Freight Detachment - Chiaravalle

17 Sep 1944

No 2 Air Freight Detachment - Falconara

17 Sep 1944

Detachment - Iesi

21 Sep 1944

Detachment - Arezzo

16 Oct - 24 Nov 1944

No 1 Air Freight Detachment - Rimini

24 Nov 1944 - Mar 1945

Detachment - Bellaria

11 Sep 1945

Detachment - Klagenfurt

Apr 1945

Detachment - Zeltweg

14 Apr 1946

Detachment - Udine

 

 

No 42 Air Stores Park

It arrived in the Middle East on 9 July 1942 from the UK at No 23 PTC Helwan and moved to Beit Ovid on 24 July, where it disbanded on 1 March 1943.

It  was reformed on 24 May 1944 at Ras-el-Ein under the control of AHQ Levant.  It began to move to Aleppo on 10 June, arriving two days later, before rturning to Ras-el-Ein on 13 July, where it disbanded on 15 July 1944.

It reformed, once again, on 21 July 1944 at No 22 PTC, Almaza but disbanded on 6 August 1944.

No 75 Air Stores Park

It was to have formed in January 1942 in the UK for service with No 241 Group in the Far East but it actually formed on 19 May 1942 at No 29 RC, Karachi.  It moved to Elmi Godown, 12 Hastings Street, Calcutta on 12 August and was transferred to No 293 Wing on 1 October.  On 9 October it began operating as a supply unit for Hurricane squadrons of No 221 Group and on 1 April 1943 it was reorganised as No 75 ASP (No 75 Equipment Park).  It moved to 48 Old Ballygunge Road, Calcutta on 4 December 1944(?), where it disbanded on 29 July 1945.

No 76 Air Stores Park

Formation was planned to take place in the UK for service with No 241 Group in the Far East on 6 January 1942 but following the capitulation of Singapore the Group was disbanded on 16 July 1942.

No 77 Air Stores Park

Formation was planned to take place in the UK for service with No 241 Group in the Far East on 6 January 1942 but following the capitulation of Singapore the Group was disbanded on 16 July 1942.

No 81 Air Stores Park

This was formed on as No 81 ASP/RSU 15 April 1944 at Ajaccio under the control of No 339 Wing, MAAF.  It disbanded on 1 November 1945.  See RSU section for full details.

No 85 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 14 October 1943 at Barrackpore, making a number of moves (see table below) before disbanding into No 389 MU on 21 November 1945.

22 Jan 1943

Wangjing?

10 Jan 1944

Barrackpore?

15 Jan 1944

Kanchrapara

10 Feb 1944

Calcutta

19 Feb 1943

Chittagong

23 Feb 1944

Dechuapalong

by 19 Nov 1944

Inmphal

17 Dec 1944

Kalemyo

26 Jan 1945

Shwebo

18 Feb 1945

Sadaug

30 Mar 1945

Dwehla

18 May 1945

Zayatkwin

2 Jun 1945

Insein

31 Jul 1945

Mingaladon

15 Oct 1945

Seletar

 

No 86 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 19 May 1942 at Golden Rock Works, Trichinopoly, remaining until at least August 1942 but by May 1943 it wa sat Cochin, where it disbanded on 1 December 1943.

No 87 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 15 May 1942 at Gaya, moving to Allahbad in July and Jessore on 1 October, where it transferred to No 166 Wing.  By the time it disbanded on 1 April 1943 it had transferred to the control of No 226 Group.

No 88 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 21 October 1942 at Arkonam under the control of No 172 Wing.  It was redesignated No 88 Equipment Park on 2 September 1943, by which time it was located at Sambre-Belgaum under No 188 Wing but reverted to its original title on 29 December.  It moved to Vizagapatam on 27 November 1944 and then Avadi - 21 December and finally Thedaw on 26 April, where it disbanded on 1 July 1945.

No 89 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 4 March 1942 at Union Place, Colombo, under the control of No 222 Group, remaining there until it was redesignated No 89 Forward Equipment Park on 1 February 1946.

No 90 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 October 1942 at Pandaveswar under the control of No 170 Wing, moving to Salbani on 22 October 1942, where it disbanded on 1 February 1943.

It was reformed at some point under the control of No 339 Wing, MAAF, but was transferred to No 85 Group in Northern Europe.  It was located at Y-42 Nancy-Essay on 26 January and made various moves to -8 Luxeuil on 2 February, Corbenay on 5 March, Y-53 Colmar on 20 Mar 1945, Hangenbeiten on 10 April and finally Friedrichshafen on 12 July 1945.  By the time it disbanded on 1 November 1945 it had been transferred to No 87 Group.

No 91 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 22 September 1941 at Asansol under the control of No 221 Group, but was transferred to No 167 Wing on 1 October.  On 9 October it began operations from Ramgani supporting Blenheim squadrons of No 221 Group. It was retitled, No 91 ASP (No 91 Equipment Park) on 1 April 1943 by which time it was at Kharagpur.  It embarked for Singapore on 21 November 1945 and by May 1946 was at Iwakuni in Japan, where it disbanded in October 1948.

No 92 Air Stores Park        

This was originally to be formed as No 92 ASP but this was later changed to No 87 ASP, neither of which occurred.  Instead it formed on 18 August 1942 as No 95 ASP. 

It eventually formed on 22 October 1942 at Agartala under the control of No 169 Wing.  By the time it disbanded on 1 April 1943 it was under the control of No 226 Group.

It reformed on 1 April 1943 at Chittagong from where it operated No 1 Detachment at Akyab from 7 February to 26 April 1945.  It moved to Rangoon early in July, where it disbanded on 29 July 1945.

No 93 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 22 October 1942 at Dambulla in Ceylon, moving to Naihati in India on 30 June 1943, where it disbanded on 1 December 1943.

No 94 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 22 October 1942 at Cuttack as No 94 ASP (No 94 Equipment Park) under the control of No 175 Wing and moved to Naihati on 19 February 1943.  At some point it was transferred to No 226 Group and disbanded on 1 April 1943.

It reformed, again as No 94 ASP (No 94 Equipment Park), on 1 April 1943 at Chagra River (Silchar).  Itmoved to Wangjing on 20 February 1945, Myingyan on 21 April, Meiktila on 17 May until arriving at Hwambi in October, where it disbanded on 21 November 1945.

No 95 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 18 August 1942 at Allahbad, before moving to the Asansol area, where it disbanded on 1 April 1943.

No 96 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 22 October 1942 at Ondal being transferred to No 168 Wing on 1 November 1942 and disbanded on 1 March 1943.

No 97 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 18 December 1942 at Lahore, as No 97 ASP (No 97 Equipment Park)  under the control of No 226 Group and disbanded on being absorbed into No 187 Wing on 21 September 1943.

No 98 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 3 July 1943 at No 313 MU, Kankinara under the control of No 226 Group.  It moved to Imphal on 10 January 1944, remaining until at least  10 March but by 19 November was at Wangjing.  Further moves followed to Alon/Monywa on 20 February 1945, Meiktila on 17 April, Thedaw on 19 May and finally Rangoon on 31 July, where it disbanded into No 2 Forward Equipment Park on 1 November 1945.

No 99 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 November 1943 at Barrackpore under the control of No 168 Wing and disbanded on 15 November 1945.

No 100 Air Stores Park

This was planned to form on 1 November 1943 at Barrackpore but these plans were cancelled and it was replaced by No 32 ASP from the Middle East.

It eventually formed on 3 June 1944 at Narayanganu from No 137 RSU, disbanding on 15 June 1946.

No 101 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 December 1943 at Arkonam as No 101 ASP (No 8 Equipment Park) before moving to Trichinopoly in January 1944.  It April 1944 it was redesignated No 101 Equipment Park and then No 101 RSU on 25 May 1944.

It reformed on 22 October 1944 at Cawnpore as No 101 Equipment Park but disbanded as No 101 ASP on 31 March 1947.

No 102 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 1 December 1943 at Campbellpore as No 102 ASP (No 10 Equipment Park) under the control of No 187 Wing.  Further moves followed to Kankinara on 27 November 1944 and by 14 November 1945 was located at Vizgapatam, with a detachment in Singapore.  It disbanded on 20 January 1946.

No 131 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 9 September 1942 at No 2 PDC, Wilmslow for service with No 323 Wing and embarked in Liverpool on 28 October.  It disembarked in Algiers on 13 November moving immediately to Maison Blanche.  Moves to El Taous on 28 November and Setif on 28 May 1943 followed and it disbanded on 10 November 1943.

No 132 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 7 September 1942 at No 2 PDC, Wilmslow for service with No 326 Wing and embarked in Liverpool on 10 November.  It disembarked in Algiers on 24 November moving immediately to Blida before moving to Le Mesloug, near Setif on 15 December.  Further moves followed to Ain Beida on 17 January 1943, Le Kroub on 30 January 1943 and then back to Ain Beida on 6 March.  From here it operated a detachment at King's Cross from 17 April 1943.  On 26 May it was transferred to the control of NW African Tactical Bomber Force, moving to Grombalia on 18 June and Keblia on 13 July, where it rejoined No 326 Wing.  On 20 July it was transferred to NW African Air Service Command and disbanded on 7 September 1943.

No 133 Air Stores Park

This was formed in September 1942 at No 2 PDC, Wilmslow Wing and embarked on the SS Strathmore in Gourock on 28 October.  It disembarked in Algiers on 13 November moving immediately to Maison Blanche before moving to Medjes-Sfax on 24 November.  Further moves followed to Duvivier on 16 March 1943, Montesquieu on 17 March and finally Le Sers on 14 April, where it disbanded on 23 June 1943.

No 134 Air Stores Park

This was formed in September 1942 in the UK for 'Operation Torch', disembarking at Algiers on 23  November before proceeding to Blida.  It moved to Ain Regada , being redesignated No 134 (Forward Holding) ASP on 25 January 1943, where it disbanded on 23 June 1943.

No 135 Air Stores Park

This was formed in September 1942 at No 5 PDC, Padgate, embarking at Liverpool on 10 November and disembarking at Algiers on 23 November, immediately moving to Hussein Dey.  It then made a number of moves, which are shown in the table below, before disbanding on 7 November 1944.  The second table shows detachment details.

9 Dec 1942

Ghardimaou

19 Mar 1943

Souk-el-Khemis

1 Jun 1943

Lalla Manouba

1 Jul 1943

Hammamet

9 Aug 1943

Lentini area

8 Sep 1943

Milazzo area

10 Sep 1943

4 miles east of Falcone

30 Sep 1943

Salerno area

5 Nov 1943

Gioia

23 Dec 1943

Naples (joining detachment)

21 Jan 1944

27 miles south of Cassino

23 May 1944

4 miles west of Casamozza

15 Jul 1944

Algajola area

7 Aug 1944

Falconara

 Aug 1944

5 miles west of L'Ile Rousse

9 Sep 1944

St Maxime

17 Sep 1944

Lyons area

24 Sep 1944

St Cannat

8 Oct 1944

Marseilles

Oct 1944

Shipped to Naples

16 Oct 1944

Gragnano

 

8 Sep 1943

Detachment - Lentini area

31 Oct 1943

East detachment to Cassano-Nicandro

5 Nov 1943

Detachment - Naples

5 Nov 1943

Detachment - Pomigliano

11 Dec 1943

West detachment in Naples area

21 Jan 1944

Detachment - Casamozza area

22 Aug 1944

Detachment - St Maxime area

28 Aug 1944

Detachment - Sisteron

9 Sep 1944

Detachment - Montelimar

17 Sep 1944

Detachment - St Cannat

24 Sep 1944

Detachment - La Jasse

 

No 136 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 14 September 1942 at No 5 PDC, Padgate for service with No 328 Wing, embarking at Liverpool on 25 November and disembarking at Philippeville on 7 December.   It moved to Le Mesloug on 9 February 1943, Bone on 30 April and La Sebala on 29 August.  From here it was split into No 1 Echelon at Sidi Amor by 5 November and No 2 Echelon in the Naples area.  No 1 Echelon moved to Grottaglie on 9 November but both echelons may have been reunited by 12 November when it was at Montecorvino.  Further moves followed to Foggia Main (leaving a detachment at Montecorvino) on 3 December and Falconara on 3 August 1944, where it was taken over by No 214 Group.  On 10 August it joined the Balkan Air Force, moving back to Foggia on 16 August before relocating to Lebba on 17 September.  From here detachments were operated at Prkos and Zadar.   It was transferred to MACAF on 1 July 1945 and moved to Cancello on 5 August, where it disbanded on 28 October 1945.

No 138 Air Stores Park

Assembled in the UK, it was officially formed on 27 May 1943 when it disembarked from the SS Duchess of York for service with No 331 Wing at No 2 Repair Depot, Hussein Dey.  It moved to Kairouan on 30 June, where it disbanded on 1 November 1943.

No 139 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 21 July 1944 at No 22 PTC, Almaza for deployment to Italy but disbanded on 25 September 1944.

No 228 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 15 February 1943 at Swanton Morley.  It moved to Stevenage on 27 February 1943, Bridgehead (Exercise location?) two days later and then back to Swanton Morley on 13 March. No disbandment date is given, it's ORB simply records "Resumed Operations" on 27 April 1943.

No 229 Air Stores Park

This ASP seems to have been formed from No 229 MU at Harrowbeer in February 1943 but was redesignated No 401 ASP on 19 April.

No 341 Air Stores Park

This ASP was possibly in existence under the control of No 85 Group by 31 October 1945, but no other details have been found.

No 373 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 24 August 1944 at Berka, moving to Almaza (No 22 PTC?) on 6 September and then to No 124 MU at Aboukir en-route to Greece.  It arrived in Athens on 22 October 1944 coming under the control of AHQ Greece/HQ Balkan Air Force.  It operated a detachment at Hassani and was taken over by HQ MACAF on 1  July 1945, disbanding on 22 January 1947, by which time it would have neen under the control of RAF Mediterranean and Middle East.

No 401 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 19 April 1943 at Harrowbeer from No 229 ASP/MU under the control of No 83 Group.  It made numerous moves during its career and these are shown in the table below, it disbanded on 20 August 1945.

It reformed on 1 July 1950 at Altona from No 431 Equipment Depot, moving to Eindhoven in August 1952.  On 1 November 1953 it was transferred to No 2 Group and to HQ 2nd TAF on 12 January 1957.  It disbanded on 1 April 1958.

20 Apr 1943

Sundridge

26 Apr 1943

Brasted

01 Jun 1943

Roffey Park, near Horsham

01 Jul 1943

Park House, near Maidstone

28 Jul 1943

Vinters Park, near Detling

04 Oct 1943

Popham Camp

18 Oct 1943

Vinters Park, near Detling

25 Oct 1943

Boxley, Kent

03 Feb 1944

Tunbridge Wells

20 Feb 1944

Groombridge

22 Feb 1944

Petworth

by 16 Apr 1944

Groombridge

12 Jun 1944

Fareham

17 Jun 1944

Gosport

19 Jun 1944

Villiers le Sec

06 Jul 1944

East of Tour en Bessin

25 Jul 1944

B-6 Coulombs

13 Aug 1944

Lingevres

02 Sep 1944

St Marthe

05 Sep 1944

Petit Camon

14 Sep 1944

Hofstade

30 Sep 1944

352 Boschdijk Straat, Eindhoven

15 Apr 1945

Nienburg

16 Apr 1945

B-116 Wunstorf

13 May 1945

B-152 Fassberg

04 Jul 1945

B-174 Utersen

06 Aug 1945

B-166 Luneberg

 

No 402 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 21 May 1943 at No 7 MU, Quedgeley under the control of No 83 Group.  It made numerous moves during its career and these are shown in the table below.  It was transferred to No 84 Group on 20 January 1944 and at Scheuen in 1945 it operated as a single unit with No 418 ASP and had been taken over by HQ BAFO by the time it disbanded on 15 June 1946.

It reformed on 1 July 1950 at Altona from elements of No 431 Equipment Depot but amalgamated with No 401 ASP on 1 July 1951.

It reformed, once again, on 15 April 1953 at Wildenrath under the control of No 83 Group.  It was transferred to the control of HQ 2nd TAF on 12 January 1957 and disbanded on 1 August 1961.

4 Jun 1943

Dunsfold

1 Jul 1943

Lamberhurst

11 Jul 1943

Bell's Yew Green

11 Aug 1943

Tenterden

10 Oct 1943

Westhampnett

7 Feb 1944

White Waltham

5 Apr 1944

Milland

14 Apr 1944

Hoyle

25 Apr 1944

Eartham Wood

17 May 1944

Hoyle

25 Jul 1944

Basingstoke

5 Aug 1944

Old Sarum

7 Aug 1944

Titchfield

8 Aug 1944

embarked Gosport

9 Aug 1944

Advance Party - Bouanville

9 Aug 1944

Thaon

3 Sep 1944

Epreville en Lievin

7 Sep 1944

Bouttencourt

12 Sep 1944

Mouvaux

Sep 1944

Bondues

3 Oct 1944

Beirvelde

15 Jan 1945

Cmp de Brasschaet

21 Jan 1945

Raevels

9 Mar 1945

Esch

23 Mar 1945

Cuuk

17 Apr 1945

Mittelohne

1 Jun 1945

Scheuen

17 Aug 1945

Celle

No 404 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 3 June 1943 at No 7 MU, Quedgeley under the control of No 83 Group.  It made numerous moves during its career and these are shown in the table below, it disbanded on 5 October 1945.

4 Jun 1943

Gatwick

13 Aug 1943

Dering Wood

16 Oct 1943

"Waverttree", Massotts Road, Horley

7 Mar 1944

Ockley

18 Apr 1944

East Tisted

30 Apr 1944

Alton

22 Jun 1944

Old Sarum

28 Jun 1944

Tilbury

5 Jul 1944

embarked

6 Jul 1944

Juno Beach

6 Jul 1944

6 miles west of Tour en Bessin

25 Jul 1944

Cully, near Caen

14 Aug 1944

La Senaudiere

1 Sep 1944

Damville, near Evreux

18 Sep 1944

Corbeek Loo, near Brussels

25 Sep 1944

B-58 Melsbroek

30 Sep 1944

483 Tongelbesche Straat, Tongeire, Eindhoven

15 Apr 1945

B-108 Rheine

25 Apr 1945

B-118 Celle

6 May 1945

B-156 Luneberg

No 406 (RCAF) Air Stores Park

This was formed on 17 July 1943 at No 7 MU, Quedgeley under the control of No 83 Group but didn't become an RCAF unit until 20 January 1944.  It made numerous moves during its career and these are shown in the table below, it disbanded on 25 April 1946.

7 Aug 1943

Tenterden

11 Aug 1943

Godinton, near Ashford

13 Oct 1943

Chelsham

17 Mar 1944

Ampfield, near Romsey

21 Jun 1944

in transit

28 Jun 1944

West of Mosles

25 Jul 1944

near Cully

30 Aug 1944

near Grandvilliers

14 Sep 1944

unknown location in Belgium

2 Oct 1944

Station Straat, Aalst, near Eindhoven

13 Apr 1945

Osnabruck

14 Apr 1945

B-110 Achmer

23 Apr 1945

B-150 Hustedt/Scheuen

1 Jun 1945

B-164 Schleswig

23 Sep 1945

Eckendforde

 

No 408 (Polish) Air Stores Park

This was formed from No 206 MU on 8 September 1943 at Northolt under the control of No 84 Group.  It made numerous moves during its career and these are shown in the table below but its fate is unknown.

7 Dec 1943

Hillingdon

1 Apr 1944

Strood Green

18 May 1944

Burton Park

29 Jun 1944

Dale Park

18 Aug 1944

Old Sarum

20 Aug 1944

in transit

21 Aug 1944

Anguerny

7 Sep 1944

Bosc Geffroy

15 Sep 1944

Bondues

3 Oct 1944

Emblehem

9 Oct 1944

St Denis Westrem

9 Jan 1945

Meysse

9 Mar 1945

Raevels

16 Mar 1945

Vught

3 Apr 1945

Heumen

14 Apr 1945

Lingen

19 Apr 1945

Sudlohne

4 May 1945

Varrelbusch

22 Jun 1945

Quackenbruck

17 Nov 1946

returned to UK

17 Dec 1946

Handforth

 

No 414 Air Stores Park

This was formed out of the disbanding No 228 MU on 29 November 1943 at Hascombe, Dunsfold under the control of No 84 Group, with a detachment at Lasham. It absorbed No 415 ASP in 20 January 1944 and by October was on the continent at Convent Froyennes, Passy, Tournai, remaining there until late January 1945.  However, the HQ and a section moved to Chateau Genech and by 19 December 1944 other sections had been established at Killinghurst and Douai.  By 27 March 1945 it had reassembled at Convent Froyennes, Passy, Tournai before moving to Vrisjbroek Park, Malines to at least 31 August 1945.  Its location between this date and its disbandment on 31 May 1946 is however, not known.

No 415 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 29 November 1943 at Dunsfold under the control of No 2 Group but disbanded into No 414 ASP on 23 January 1944.

No 418 Air Stores Park

This was formed on 6 December 1943 at Odiham under the control of No 2 Group.  It made numerous moves during its career and these are shown in the table below.  At Scheuen in 1945 it operated as a single unit with No 402 ASP and disbanded on 21 October 1946.

20 Jan 1944

Sawbridgeworth

10 Apr 1944

Colgate, Sussex

24 Apr 1944

Egdean Common

16 May 1944

Slindon Common

29 Jun 1944

Burton Park

12 Aug 1944

Old Sarum

16 Aug 1944

arrived Cairon, Frnce

4 Sep 1944

Epreville en Lievin

6 Sep 1944

Fallencourt

12 Sep 1944

Lomme

10 Oct 1944

Lokeren, Belgium

14 Jan 1945

Camp de Brasschaet

2 Feb 1945

Reros Factory, Tilburg

25 Feb 1945

Queen Wilhelmina Barracks, S'Hertogenbosch

17 Apr 1945

Elbergen

19 Apr 1945

Leschede

5 May 1945

Ahlhorn

7 May 1945

Leschede

3 Jun 1945

Scheuen

 

No 429 Equipment Park

This was formed at Buc on 22 April 1945 under the control of No 87 Group, attached to No 428 RSU and disbanded on 18 November 1946(?).

No 430 Equipment Park

This was formed at Miramas on 22 April 1945 under the control of No 87 Group, attached to No 108 RSU and disbanded on 15 November 1945.

No 431 Equipment Park

This was formed at Hamburg on 8 February 1945 and disbanded on 10 August 1945.

It reformed from No 34 ASP on 10 August 1945 at 83 Rue de Frontispiece, Brussels under the control of BAFO, with a detachment at Yest Dijk Garage, Eindhoven.  It was redesignated No 431 Equipment Depot on 27 April 1946.

 Air Stores Park (Middle East), Force 'Y'

This was formed on 11 November 1940 at Aboukir, embarking at Alexandria two days later and arriving at Pireus on 16 November.  It moved to Daphni to support the RAF units based in Greece but was redesignated No 33 ASP around March 1941 whilst in Greece.  See No 33 ASP entry for further details.

No 1 Ammunition & Petrol Depot

This was formed in Middle East Command on 26 September 1938 at Aboukir, moving to Tura on 5 October, where it was redesignated No 101 MU on 10 Otober 1938.

Air Stores Unit (Middle East)

This was formed on 1 May 1940 at El Firdan under the control of No 250 Wing with No 1 and2 Sections at Ikingi, No 3 Section at Qasaba and No 4 Section at Maaten Bagush.  It was redesignated No 108 MU on 22 August 1941.

No 1 Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Park

This was formed on 1 September 1951 at Alphen Riel under the control of 2nd TAF and disbanded on 22 December 1954.

No 407 Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Park

This was formed on 6 April 1944 at Groombridge under the control of No 83 Group.  The movements of its HQ and Sections are shown in the table below It disbanded on 30 April 1946.

Date

HQ

1  Section

2  Section

3  Section

4  Section

5  Section

30 Apr 1944

Killinghurst

 

Funtington

Ashdean House

 

 

20 May 1944

 

 

returned to Main

returned to Main

 

 

7 Jun 1944

Courcelles-sur-Mer

 

 

 

 

 

15 Jun 1944

Pierre Solaign

 

 

Cottun

 

 

in Sep 1944

Glos-la-Ferriere

 

 

 

 

 

4 Sep 1944

Vitry

 

 

 

 

 

8 Oct 1944

Veldhoven

 

 

B78 Eindhoven

 

Veghel

by 27 Mar 1945

 

 

Heesch

 

 

 

6 Apr 1945

 

 

Nienburg

Damen

 

 

9 Apr 1945

 

 

 

B110 Achmer

 

 

17 Apr 1945

 

Nienburg

 

 

 

 

by 27 Apr 1945

Nienburg

Nienburg

B129 Hanover/Langenhagan

 

Veldhoven

Nienburg

30 May 1945

 

 

 

 

 

South of Kropp

7 Jun 1945

Kropp

 

 

 

 

 

by 10 Jul to 31 Aug 1945

 

South of Kropp

South of Kropp

B156 Luneburg

Meipendorf

South of Kropp

No 422 Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Park

This was formed on 6 March 1944 at Groombridge under the control of No 84 Group.  The movements of its HQ and Sections are shown in the table below It was redesignated No 399 MU at Celle  on 1 June 1948.

Date

HQ

6  Section

7  Section

8  Section

9  Section

10  Section

6 Mar 1944

Groombridge

 

 

 

 

 

8 Mar 1944

 

 

Northolt

 

 

 

26 Mar 1944

 

 

 

Coolham

 

 

1 Apr 1944

 

Killinghurst

 

 

 

 

3 Apr 1944

Killinghurst

 

 

 

Needs Oar Point

 

17 Apr 1944

Slindon Park

Needs Oar Point

Slindon Park

 

Slindon Park

Appledram

19 Apr 1944

 

 

 

 

 

Slindon Park

20 Apr 1944

 

 

 

 

Holmsley South

 

21 Apr 1944

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 May 1944

Holmsley South

Holmsley South

 

 

 

 

2 May 1944

 

 

 

 

Slindon Park

 

14 May 1944

 

 

Burrs Wood to Funtington

 

 

 

29 May 1944

Slindon Park

Holmsley South

Slindon Park

Slindon Park

Slindon Park

Holmsley South

12 Aug 1988

Embarked for France

13 Aug 1944

Cairon

Cairon

Cairon

Cairon

Cairon

Cairon

2 Sep 1944

 

 

Basques

 

 

 

4 Sep 1944

 

 

 

 

Calengeville

 

8 Sep 1944

 

 

 

 

St Omer area

 

9 Sep 1944

 

 

 

 

Bondues

 

13 Sep 1944

 

 

Calengeville

Calengeville

 

 

14 Sep 1944

in transit

in transit

 

 

 

in transit

18 Sep 1944

Bondues

Bondues

Bondues

Bondues

 

Bondues

28 Sep 1944

 

 

 

 

Alost

 

5 Oct 1944

 

 

 

 

 

Alost to Hingene

8 Oct 1944

Bornem

Bornem

 

 

 

Bornem

11 Oct 1944

 

 

 

Boulogne

 

 

12 Oct 1944

 

 

 

 

 

Bondues

13 Oct 1944

 

 

Eecloo

 

 

 

14 Oct 1944

 

 

 

 

Hingene

 

3 Nov 1944

 

 

 

Eecloo

 

 

10 Nov 1944

 

 

 

 

Rijen

 

12 Nov 1944

 

 

 

 

 

Hingene

7 Dec 1944

 

 

Bornem

Bornem

 

 

10 Dec 1944

 

Rijen

 

 

 

Rijen

7 Jan 1945

 

Hingene

 

 

 

Hingene

15 Jan 1945

 

Rijen

 

 

 

Rijen

22 Jan 1945

Rijen

 

 

 

 

 

30 Jan 1945

 

 

 

 

Mill

 

20 Feb 1945

 

 

 

 

Rijen

Mill

22 Feb 1945

 

 

Hingene to Rijen

 

 

 

15 Mar 1945

Mill

Mill

 

 

 

 

7 Apr 1945

 

 

 

 

Lingen

 

19 Apr 1945

Lingen

 

 

 

 

 

6 May 1945

 

 

Lingen

Lingen

 

 

13 May 1945

 

 

Celle

 

 

 

2 Jun 1945

Celle

Celle

 

 

 

 

29 Jun 1945

 

 

 

 

Ahlhorn

 

No 423 Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Park

This was formed on 6 April 1944 at Killinghurst under the control of No 2 Group.  The movements of its HQ and Sections are shown in the table below. It disbanded on 28 May 1946.

Date

HQ

11  Section

12  Section

13  Section

18  Section

Rear Section

6 Apr 1944

Killinghurst

 

 

 

 

 

9 May 1944

 

Formed

Formed

 

Formed

 

10 Oct 1944

Old Sarum

Old Sarum

Old Sarum

Old Sarum

Old Sarum

 

12 Oct 1944

in transit

in transit

Killinghurst

in transit

in transit

Killinghurst

19 Oct 1944

Genech

Genech

 

Genech

Genech

Killinghurst

25 Jan 1945

 

 

 

 

Meaulte

 

28 Jan 1945

Douai

Douai

 

 

 

 

24 Mar 1945

 

 

Douai

 

 

 

28 Mar 1945

 

Middelkerke

 

 

 

 

6 Apr 1945

 

Douai

 

 

 

 

12 Apr 1945

 

 

Rijen

 

 

 

19 Apr 1945

Veldhoven

 

 

 

Veldhoven

 

25 May 1945

 

 

 

Meaulte to Rheine

 

 

1 Aug 1945

 

Veldhoven

 

 

 

 

23 Aug 1945

 

 

 

Gutersloh

 

 

6 Oct 1945

Zeelst

Zeelst

Zeelst

 

 

 

No 424 Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Park

This was formed on 10 April 1944 at Aston Down under the control of No 85 Group.  The movements of its HQ and Sections are shown in the table below. It disbanded on 28 May 1946.

Date

HQ

1 Dump

2 Dump

5 Dump

6 Dump

7 Dump

8 Dump

9 Dump

11 Dump

12 Dump

10 Apr 1944

Aston Down

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

13 Apr 1944

Avening Court, Aston Down

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

15 Jun 1944

in transit

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

29 Jun 1944

West of Tailleville

opened at Taillevile

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 Jul 1944

 

 

opened at Villers le Sec

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 Oct 1944

Villers le Sec to Louvain

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

25 Jul 1944

 

 

 

 

 

Foret de Meerdael

 

 

 

 

4 Jan 1944

 

 

 

Calleville

Dieppe

 

opened Bologne

 

 

 

23 Nov 1944

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

opened Eecloo

 

29 Nov 1944

 

 

 

Closed

Closed

 

 

 

 

 

4 Dec 1944

B67 Ursel

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 Jan 1945

 

Closed

Closed

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

25 Jan 1945

 

 

 

 

 

 

Closed

 

 

 

2 Apr 1945

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

opened Weeze

25 May 1945

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

opened Slade

It reformed on 17 September 1946 at Hesedorf under the control of No 85 Group.  On 12 August 1947 its title was restyled No 424 Base Aviation Fuel and Ammunition Depot and was redesignated No 398 MU on 1 June 1948.

Forward Air Ammunition Park

This was formed somewhere in France on 17 October 1939 but its fate is unknown.

Malta Stores Park

This was formed in Malta on 1 October 1918, disbanding in December 1919.

No 1 Middle East Air Explosives and Fuel Park

This was formed on 17 November 1940 at Fuka to service units in the Western Desert, operating dumps Amriya, Burg-el-Arab, Ikingi and Qotafiya.  Its fate is unknown.

No 1 (Middle East) Air Stores Park

This was formed on 25 August 1939 at the RAF Depot, Aboukir moving to Fuka on 28 August 1939, where it was redesignated No 31 ASP on 28 November 1939.

This page was last updated on 26/05/17 using FrontPage 2003

         [Top of Page]