Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation
No 46 Training Squadron - Personnel and locations
Originally formed as No 46 Reserve Squadron 23 October 1916 from No 15 Reserve Squadron at Doncaster, it moved to Bramham Moor near Tadcaster on 17 December and was re-titled No 46 Training Squadron on 31 May 1917. On 23 July 1917 it moved to Catterick and disbanded into No 49 TDS on 15 July 1918.
It was reformed in July 1919 at South Carlton under the control of No 7 Wing.
|Avro 504K||South Carlton, Lincolnshire||Inland Area/No 7 Wing|
|Sqn Ldr||George G A Williams||A||Officer Commanding,|
|Sqn Ldr||George H P Padley||T|
|Fg Off||James V Medcalf||A|
|Fg Off||Lamont Smith||Stores|
|Flt Lt||Reginald Mugliston||Med|
Source - Apr 1920 Air Force List
It disbanded on 26 April 1920
This page was last updated on 26/05/17 using FrontPage 2003©
[Top of Page]