Air of Authority - A History of RAF Organisation
No 4 Training Squadron - Personnel and locations
Originally formed as No 4 Reserve Aeroplane Squadron 29 January 1915 at Farnborough, it moved to Northolt on 1 March and was re-titled No 4 Reserve Squadron on 13 January 1916. It was re-titled again on 31 May 1917 to No 4 Training Squadron and disbanded into No 30 TDS on 15 July 1918.
It was reformed on 14 March 1919 at Hooton Park under the control of 37th Wing but disbanded on 31 May. It reformed again the same day when No 51 Training Squadron was redesignated as No 4 at North Shotwick, still within No 37 Wing but when this disbanded on 9 April control was transferred to No 7 Wing.
|North Shotwick, Cheshire||Inland Area/No 7 Wing|
|Flt Lt||A||later A/Cdre|
|Flt Lt||Henry P Rushforth||A|
|Hon Flt Lt||William E Dowling||O|
|Fg Off||Alfred P White||T|
Source - Apr 1920 Air Force List
It was redesignated No 5 Flying Training School on 26 April 1920.
This page was last updated on 08/07/19 using FrontPage 2003©
[Top of Page]